Reply
Senior Contributor
Open123
Posts: 4,155
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??


CreditScholar wrote:

One other thing I've noticed as well, on a completely seperate note. Of all the cities I've ever lived in (or visited), SF and the Bay Area seems to have the ugliest people on average. I'm not quite sure why. Perhaps it has something to do with the industries that reside there. People who work in Biotech and IT don't exactly have reputations for being models. I'm sure there are exceptions like with anything else.


+1  

 

Having gone to college in the East coast and grad school in LA, I was quite shocked how the women in San Francisco all thought they were much "hotter" than they really were--the only thing that comes to mind was delusions of grandeur.  Never in my life had I seen a bunch of 5s and 6s strutting around as if they were 9s and 10s!

 

Took me a while to adjust, since I kept thinking to myself, "in NY or LA, you'd be a wallflower at best, and I'm getting this attitude?"

Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 25,410
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??

Ahhhh, lets try to get back on topic please.

Thanks!
Valued Contributor
Crashem
Posts: 3,098
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??


Open123 wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

One other thing I've noticed as well, on a completely seperate note. Of all the cities I've ever lived in (or visited), SF and the Bay Area seems to have the ugliest people on average. I'm not quite sure why. Perhaps it has something to do with the industries that reside there. People who work in Biotech and IT don't exactly have reputations for being models. I'm sure there are exceptions like with anything else.


+1  

 

Having gone to college in the East coast and grad school in LA, I was quite shocked how the women in San Francisco all thought they were much "hotter" than they really were--the only thing that comes to mind was delusions of grandeur.  Never in my life had I seen a bunch of 5s and 6s strutting around as if they were 9s and 10s!

 

Took me a while to adjust, since I kept thinking to myself, "in NY or LA, you'd be a wallflower at best, and I'm getting this attitude?"


I would agree except my wife looks over my shoulder.  Funny thing is if you go just outside SF, people get more attractive fast.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Valued Contributor
CreditScholar
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??


Crashem wrote:

Open123 wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

One other thing I've noticed as well, on a completely seperate note. Of all the cities I've ever lived in (or visited), SF and the Bay Area seems to have the ugliest people on average. I'm not quite sure why. Perhaps it has something to do with the industries that reside there. People who work in Biotech and IT don't exactly have reputations for being models. I'm sure there are exceptions like with anything else.


+1  

 

Having gone to college in the East coast and grad school in LA, I was quite shocked how the women in San Francisco all thought they were much "hotter" than they really were--the only thing that comes to mind was delusions of grandeur.  Never in my life had I seen a bunch of 5s and 6s strutting around as if they were 9s and 10s!

 

Took me a while to adjust, since I kept thinking to myself, "in NY or LA, you'd be a wallflower at best, and I'm getting this attitude?"


I would agree except my wife looks over my shoulder.  Funny thing is if you go just outside SF, people get more attractive fast.


Work-hot on a larger scale?

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Super Contributor
enharu
Posts: 6,889
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??


Open123 wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

One other thing I've noticed as well, on a completely seperate note. Of all the cities I've ever lived in (or visited), SF and the Bay Area seems to have the ugliest people on average. I'm not quite sure why. Perhaps it has something to do with the industries that reside there. People who work in Biotech and IT don't exactly have reputations for being models. I'm sure there are exceptions like with anything else.


+1  

 

Having gone to college in the East coast and grad school in LA, I was quite shocked how the women in San Francisco all thought they were much "hotter" than they really were--the only thing that comes to mind was delusions of grandeur.  Never in my life had I seen a bunch of 5s and 6s strutting around as if they were 9s and 10s!

 

Took me a while to adjust, since I kept thinking to myself, "in NY or LA, you'd be a wallflower at best, and I'm getting this attitude?"


Gonna sidetrack a little further......

 

Haha I understand what you mean! People in LA are a lot more materialistic though, at least from what I've seen. Drive a 100+ k car, wear a 20+k watch, and people would literally fawn over you in LA, especially in a club. Most people in bay area are not as materialistic, and tend not to spend as much money on material spendings, which I think is partly due to their job culture. You don't really see engineers driving ferraris that often. People in bay area do think they're "cooler" and more "advanced" though, especially when it comes to the environmental bs.

 

I didn't really like bay area as much when I were there, but I do kinda miss it now, especially Napa Valley! Just seems too much of a chore to fly up there to visit Napa. Overall it just seems really gloomy over there, partly due to the cloudy weather, and not as "interesting" people up there. At least there's more new construction homes in the bay area as well. I really don't understand how some people are able to live in non-HPOZ houses built in early 1900s in LA.

 

 

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor
CreditScholar
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??


enharu wrote:

Open123 wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

One other thing I've noticed as well, on a completely seperate note. Of all the cities I've ever lived in (or visited), SF and the Bay Area seems to have the ugliest people on average. I'm not quite sure why. Perhaps it has something to do with the industries that reside there. People who work in Biotech and IT don't exactly have reputations for being models. I'm sure there are exceptions like with anything else.


+1  

 

Having gone to college in the East coast and grad school in LA, I was quite shocked how the women in San Francisco all thought they were much "hotter" than they really were--the only thing that comes to mind was delusions of grandeur.  Never in my life had I seen a bunch of 5s and 6s strutting around as if they were 9s and 10s!

 

Took me a while to adjust, since I kept thinking to myself, "in NY or LA, you'd be a wallflower at best, and I'm getting this attitude?"


Gonna sidetrack a little further......

 

Haha I understand what you mean! People in LA are a lot more materialistic though, at least from what I've seen. Drive a 100+ k car, wear a 20+k watch, and people would literally fawn over you in LA, especially in a club. Most people in bay area are not as materialistic, and tend not to spend as much money on material spendings, which I think is partly due to their job culture. You don't really see engineers driving ferraris that often. People in bay area do think they're "cooler" and more "advanced" though, especially when it comes to the environmental bs.

 

I didn't really like bay area as much when I were there, but I do kinda miss it now, especially Napa Valley! Just seems too much of a chore to fly up there to visit Napa. Overall it just seems really gloomy over there, partly due to the cloudy weather, and not as "interesting" people up there. At least there's more new construction homes in the bay area as well. I really don't understand how some people are able to live in non-HPOZ houses built in early 1900s in LA.

 

 

 


LOL it's the exact opposite in SF. I remember I pulled up a few times in a car like that and everyone figured me to be the biggest **bleep** around. :smileyhappy:

 

I think you're correct in that it's largely cultural differences. When I think of "entertainment" in the Bay Area, what comes to mind is museums, the theatre, fine dining, wineries, etc. When I think of LA and "entertainment", all I see in my mind is clubs, parties, beaches and theme parks. :smileyhappy:

 

I wonder if this translates into differences in the popularity of cards such as the palladium, based on location? Dubbed as the Getlaidium card, I wonder if has a more popular following (and therefore a higher perentage of people who have it) in places such as LA compared to SF?

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Valued Contributor
Crashem
Posts: 3,098
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??

Definitely got more comments on Palladium when I was in LA vs SF.

 

Gloomy weather is mainly in SF.  Used to live in Presidio Heights and Pacific Heights.  Never really got warm.  Constantly going out of town during weekend.  Recently moved to Pennisula (think less than 10 miles out of SF).  Suddenly it is much warmer (80ish today) and the people are more attractive.  But like NYC, SF has its share of people with complete package (attractive, educated, etc.).  I seem to find less of this in LA and elsewhere.

 

Lexie: I'll get back on subject once OP shows up to comment on the earlier stuff.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Super Contributor
enharu
Posts: 6,889
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??


CreditScholar wrote:

LOL it's the exact opposite in SF. I remember I pulled up a few times in a car like that and everyone figured me to be the biggest **bleep** around. :smileyhappy:

 

I think you're correct in that it's largely cultural differences. When I think of "entertainment" in the Bay Area, what comes to mind is museums, the theatre, fine dining, wineries, etc. When I think of LA and "entertainment", all I see in my mind is clubs, parties, beaches and theme parks. :smileyhappy:

 

I wonder if this translates into differences in the popularity of cards such as the palladium, based on location? Dubbed as the Getlaidium card, I wonder if has a more popular following (and therefore a higher perentage of people who have it) in places such as LA compared to SF?


When you drive an expensive car in SF, the first thought they have in their minds probably are "o god look at how much ice is going to be melted because of the emissions from this car!" haha jk, but people up there do tend to be more uptight about the environment. 

 

I think the difference in culture in different areas does affect popularity of cards. Most people in SF probably won't even pay as much attention about the cards they have or what others are using, as opposed to LA. I was happily using my WF card simply because it worked well and service was within expectations, and really didn't know about all these rewards that I'm missing out on. When I moved down to LA, people were asking me why the **bleep** am I still using my WF card when I could get much better ones. 

 

In LA, people, especially gold-diggers, generally pay attention at everything to the finest details, from the zip code people live in, the cars they drive, the watch they're wearing, the wine they're drinking, the card they're using, and all the extra details including the type of cuff link being used. It's not exactly a bad thing as long as one isn't spending beyond his/her means to impress, but it's not exactly a proud thing to boast about either.

 

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 25,410
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??

Valued Contributor
Crashem
Posts: 3,098
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: Chase Palladium how can apply ??


enharu wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

LOL it's the exact opposite in SF. I remember I pulled up a few times in a car like that and everyone figured me to be the biggest **bleep** around. :smileyhappy:

 

I think you're correct in that it's largely cultural differences. When I think of "entertainment" in the Bay Area, what comes to mind is museums, the theatre, fine dining, wineries, etc. When I think of LA and "entertainment", all I see in my mind is clubs, parties, beaches and theme parks. :smileyhappy:

 

I wonder if this translates into differences in the popularity of cards such as the palladium, based on location? Dubbed as the Getlaidium card, I wonder if has a more popular following (and therefore a higher perentage of people who have it) in places such as LA compared to SF?


When you drive an expensive car in SF, the first thought they have in their minds probably are "o god look at how much ice is going to be melted because of the emissions from this car!" haha jk, but people up there do tend to be more uptight about the environment. 

 

I think the difference in culture in different areas does affect popularity of cards. Most people in SF probably won't even pay as much attention about the cards they have or what others are using, as opposed to LA. I was happily using my WF card simply because it worked well and service was within expectations, and really didn't know about all these rewards that I'm missing out on. When I moved down to LA, people were asking me why the **bleep** am I still using my WF card when I could get much better ones. 

 

In LA, people, especially gold-diggers, generally pay attention at everything to the finest details, from the zip code people live in, the cars they drive, the watch they're wearing, the wine they're drinking, the card they're using, and all the extra details including the type of cuff link being used. It's not exactly a bad thing as long as one isn't spending beyond his/her means to impress, but it's not exactly a proud thing to boast about either.

 

 


I don't know if it is as different as all that.  Although I had one of the first Lexus RX hybrids and I definitely got points for having one.  The Tesla got a ton of comments but I think it was because they were so rare and I had an orange one.  But we have a Porsche SUV now and it gets lots of comments too.  And the gas mileage is even worse than I thought it would be and I expected it to be bad. 

 

Personally I think people in LA are just more direct about things.  I get comments on the Palladium card (mostly about its weight) in SF.  In LA, they are like wow nice card and they come out and ask how they can get one.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+