Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Palladium?

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Palladium?

@irunfromcredit wrote:

We both bank with Chase, but now I'm wondering if adding me to his palladium would boost my score. He is in the 800 range and I'm in the low to mid 700 range. 

Depends on the condition of the trade line itself and whether or not a creditor and/or scoring model will consider the trade line.  It will not necessarly be considered in all cases.  Don't rely on it -- especially if you have your own TL's.  That said, if the TL is in good shape (100% positive payment history, low reported utilization, long age, etc) then it probably won't hurt to be added.

As for rewards, if you want them on your spend then definitely use your own cards whether you're added as an AU or not.

@azguy13 wrote:

That's a pretty expensive fashion statement, lol.  

Expensive is subjective.  It (like the Centurion) is not expensive to those that qualify though not everyone that does would consider it worthwhile.

Message 21 of 35
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all your replies about this card. Sounds like the benefits are nothing to write home about and I was kind of torn about who will benefit more from the points since I use my Marriott and United for travel. We decided that I will rotate between all three cards..and he was kind enough to agree to pay for my expenses I charge on his card.  LOL

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 22 of 35
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Sounds like you should only be using that card then if he is paying!!!! Smiley Happy
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 23 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@azguy13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd get it if I ever qualify.  Even if it is "just to have it."

That's a pretty expensive fashion statement, lol. 

Also to a previous user, correct me if I am wrong, but I have a hard time believing that an AU would get the actual card made of precious metals and Palladium. I have read that each card costs upwards of $1,000 to make. To me, I feel that an AU would not get that and instead would be issued plastic or a CSP similar card. 

Somebody actually did a metallurgical analysis of the card. It's closer to $1 than it is to $1000.

Message 24 of 35
thom02099
Valued Contributor

IIRC, the Palladium, like it's cousin the Select, is a hidden TL. 

In that case, the only beneficiary is your BF, who will accumulate the travel points that you'll be putting on the card.  Hope he plans to use those points to take you somewhere nice!  Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 35
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There aren't a lot of posters here that have the card, but the general consensus of what I've seen here and elsewhere is that while it's a very nice looking card it's really not much better if at all of other Chase cards like the Ritz in terms of benefits.  It suffers from the same issues as the Amex Centurion; lot of flash with little substance.  Doesn't mean though I wouldn't have one if I qualified. Smiley Tongue

+1. For the Palladium's AF, you'd get better value and very similar benefits from the CSP + Ritz + UA Club card.

I thought about getting the Palladium before, but I can't bring myself to move 250k over for CPC just to obtain a card that has marginally better benefits compared to what I currently have. It feels like the tail wagging the dog, or alternatively a costly exercise for the sole purpose of vanity. I mean I'm vain, but I'm not THAT vain. Smiley Happy

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 26 of 35
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

That's generous of him, I don't think it would hurt to be an AU and use it once awhile!

Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you travel a lot or charge a lot, go for it.

Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use my Palladium card daily. The concierge is the best part! They bend over backwards to help with nearly all of my requests, including grabbing hard to get reservations & tickets. I'll also add all of the "added benefits" most businesses give once they simply see the card. Best results have been while traveling. Hotels always give a courtesy upgrade, free breakfast ect. I highly recommend grabbing one if you're able to. Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 35
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I use my Palladium card daily. The concierge is the best part! They bend over backwards to help with nearly all of my requests, including grabbing hard to get reservations & tickets. I'll also add all of the "added benefits" most businesses give once they simply see the card. Best results have been while traveling. Hotels always give a courtesy upgrade, free breakfast ect. I highly recommend grabbing one if you're able to. Smiley Happy

I couldn't agree with you more. I did use the card for a few things when I was in Europe a couple of months ago. Since the card technically is not mine, I only really use it when I travel. We're taking a family vacation to San Fran next month and it will get some use then. Smiley Happy

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.