Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Partial CLI Approved - Recon Denied

tag
exl
Established Member

Chase Partial CLI Approved - Recon Denied

It's been a while since I've posted, but I thought I'd share my recent news.

I've had my Chase Freedom and Slate for about 16 months now and not once did I ever have the luxury of receiving an auto CLI. With that in mind, today I went ahead and requested a $5K CLI (EX HP) to my $2K limit. A short time later, the CSR responded with a $3K limit increase instead. Not as much as I wanted, but I was grateful. So what I did next was request to move my Slate's $1K credit line to Freedom and close it, to which they happily obliged. Next I thought to myself, "Might as well try and recon. Milk this HP for all it's worth." But that was denied. "I cannot increase your limit more than the $5K at this time. What you can do is wait and use the card for 6 months and try again." Smiley Sad I didn't even bother to ask why; I'll know soon enough. I'm thinking it's either because of a late payment made 32 months ago or AAoA.

Overall, I'm still happy with the increase; haven't had one on any card in quite a long time. Smiley Happy

Wallet: Chase Freedom / Citi Dividend Platinum Select / Discover Open Road
Sock Drawer: PayPal Smart Connect (GE MoneyBank)

Starting Score: EX-PLUS: 655 / EQ-FICO: 670 / TU-FICO: 647 [February 25, 2013]
Current Score: EX-PLUS: 676 / EQ-FICO: 725 / TU-FICO: 733
Goal Score: 800 across the board by December 1, 2013
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Partial CLI Approved - Recon Denied

I wuold be careful when asking for a second look with Chase. Twice when asking for reconsideration the analyst pulled another report before I barely finished the sentence asking for a second opinion. The first time resulted in an approval for a business card and the second incident got me a measly 1000 increase.

Message 2 of 5
exl
Established Member

I did make sure that he didn't pull it again. He assured me that he was looking at the same pull that was made just a few short hours prior. Thanks for the heads up though. Smiley Happy

Wallet: Chase Freedom / Citi Dividend Platinum Select / Discover Open Road
Sock Drawer: PayPal Smart Connect (GE MoneyBank)

Starting Score: EX-PLUS: 655 / EQ-FICO: 670 / TU-FICO: 647 [February 25, 2013]
Current Score: EX-PLUS: 676 / EQ-FICO: 725 / TU-FICO: 733
Goal Score: 800 across the board by December 1, 2013
Message 3 of 5
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Cool. My attempts were within minutes of each other, so I was a little upset they had to pull again. Next time I will ask if they can use the same pull first. Congratulations to you.

Message 4 of 5
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Congrats anyway.  Give it some more time  by using the card, and maybe now they'll show you some luv down the road

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.