Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Penalty APR

tag
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Penalty APR

I paid on time for close to three years after the penalty APR went into effect, still no rate decrease. Have had a 0 balance on the two Chase cards for almost a year now though so Chase gets no more money from me. Smiley Happy

ImageImageImage

Message 11 of 16
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

I would personally close it. Whats the poing of having a "Prime" card with a Sub-Prime rate..

Message 12 of 16
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, the stupid card is totally unusable given that rate. Once the 0% balance transfer is paid off (and believe me, I'm going to milk that one down to the very last moment, just because I can), then I'll close the card and get something better if they still won't reduce the rate.

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 13 of 16
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Does it have an AF? If it doesn't, has a high limit and a long history, just sock drawer it. 

ImageImageImage

Message 14 of 16
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Autumnslight wrote:

Yeah, the stupid card is totally unusable given that rate. Once the 0% balance transfer is paid off (and believe me, I'm going to milk that one down to the very last moment, just because I can), then I'll close the card and get something better if they still won't reduce the rate.

Or just close it and then re-apply for the same card to get a decent APR again.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 15 of 16
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

Nope, no AF, but on principal, I'm not keeping a card with a 30% APR where they refuse to reduce it for no good reason, except that they can. Plus, I already have two cards with Chase though, and I want a Freedom, so I'll just close the stupid Slate and re-apply for the Freedom when the time comes.

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.