tag
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Platinum = Chase Freedom?

@BP2003 wrote:

@FicoScore626 wrote:

@BungalowMo wrote:

@FicoScore626 wrote:
Which one is their most basic card? Basically the card that people with good but not excellent credit stand a chance of getting approved for?

What are your scores & baddies?

My scores aren't satisfactory yet (663 TransUnion FICO, 644 Equifax FICO, and 654 Experian PLUS) but they've been improving every month. But I was thinking that at least 6 months - 1 year from now I'd apply for a Chase card since acquiring a Chase credit card is one of my main goals since I've been banking with them since 2003.. I've got my utilization under control. TransUnion has it at 4%, Equifax has it at 3% and Experian has the percentage of my Revolving Credit Available as 97%. I plan on maintaining and even lowering the utilization percentages over the course of the next few months in hopes of bettering my scores.

My baddies are a bunch of late payments on my student loan. The worst of which happened sometime between 2003 - 2005.. The most recent ones are over a year old. On the plus side, one of my student loans is about to get obliterated early next month and then I can focus on getting rid of the second loan, hopefully before the new year.

I wasted an inquiry applying for the Amazon visa (what the hell was I thinking??) and Chase sent me a denial letter stating that I had too many recent inquiries. They didn't even mention any of the baddies.Same thing with Capital One, so that gives me a little bit of hope. Smiley Happy

You should recon...I have plenty of baddies (4 on EQ, 16 on TU, 4 on EX...all older than 2 years) and I was originally denied by Chase, with scores very similar to yours (I applied approx. 3 weeks ago).  I called in explained everything, and basically asked for a "shot" and a low limit, and they gave me a $1500 Chase Slate...which I converted to a Chase Freedom (since it also has Blueprint along with the Rewards)

Message Edited by BP2003 on 11-18-2009 10:04 AM

I was seriously thinking about doing a recon with Chase. I was going to write a letter to them pleading my case and ask for a chance with a low credit limit. Figured it was worth a shot since they already performed the hard inquiry on my soul! The question is, should I type the letter and just sign it by hand or should the entire letter be written by hand?

Message Edited by FicoScore626 on 11-18-2009 10:45 AM
Message 11 of 17
BP2003
Regular Contributor

@FicoScore626 wrote:

@BP2003 wrote:

@FicoScore626 wrote:

@BungalowMo wrote:

@FicoScore626 wrote:
Which one is their most basic card? Basically the card that people with good but not excellent credit stand a chance of getting approved for?

What are your scores & baddies?

My scores aren't satisfactory yet (663 TransUnion FICO, 644 Equifax FICO, and 654 Experian PLUS) but they've been improving every month. But I was thinking that at least 6 months - 1 year from now I'd apply for a Chase card since acquiring a Chase credit card is one of my main goals since I've been banking with them since 2003.. I've got my utilization under control. TransUnion has it at 4%, Equifax has it at 3% and Experian has the percentage of my Revolving Credit Available as 97%. I plan on maintaining and even lowering the utilization percentages over the course of the next few months in hopes of bettering my scores.

My baddies are a bunch of late payments on my student loan. The worst of which happened sometime between 2003 - 2005.. The most recent ones are over a year old. On the plus side, one of my student loans is about to get obliterated early next month and then I can focus on getting rid of the second loan, hopefully before the new year.

I wasted an inquiry applying for the Amazon visa (what the hell was I thinking??) and Chase sent me a denial letter stating that I had too many recent inquiries. They didn't even mention any of the baddies.Same thing with Capital One, so that gives me a little bit of hope. Smiley Happy

You should recon...I have plenty of baddies (4 on EQ, 16 on TU, 4 on EX...all older than 2 years) and I was originally denied by Chase, with scores very similar to yours (I applied approx. 3 weeks ago).  I called in explained everything, and basically asked for a "shot" and a low limit, and they gave me a $1500 Chase Slate...which I converted to a Chase Freedom (since it also has Blueprint along with the Rewards)

Message Edited by BP2003 on 11-18-2009 10:04 AM

I was seriously thinking about doing a recon with Chase. I was going to write a letter to them pleading my case and ask for a chance with a low credit limit. Figured it was worth a shot since they already performed the hard inquiry on my soul! The question is, should I type the letter and just sign it by hand or should the entire letter be written by hand?

Message Edited by FicoScore626 on 11-18-2009 10:45 AM

Letter is last option.  Call for a recon first.  If you get too much resistance, then send the letter.  And type the letter and sign it by hand...it looks more professional.

***From ashy to classy***
Message 12 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

hey 626.....what report did they pull????
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 17
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

I'm in New Jersey and they pulled Experian. So my application was pretty much dead on arrival, lol. I REALLY wish they pulled TransUnion, then I'd have a fighting chance. Smiley Very Happy
Message Edited by FicoScore626 on 11-18-2009 11:27 AM
Message Edited by FicoScore626 on 11-18-2009 11:34 AM
Message 14 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Chase is an EX puller.

Recon all denials. Start with a phone call.

Message 15 of 17
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

I got a Chase Platinum last December, and it is a rewards card.
Message 16 of 17
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Call them. If they say no, call them again. If they still resist, call the other number. If they still deny you then I doubt a letter would change their mind, but, by all means, go for it. During the recon process be prepared to discuss everything on your Experian report, cause they are going to ask about it.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.