cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Platinum Pre-Qualified--What does that mean?

tag
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Chase Platinum Pre-Qualified--What does that mean?

I was on the phone with Chase this morning (I bank with them) and they told me I've been prequalified for a $4500 Chase platinum visa, with 0% financing for I forget how many months.  My scores are TU-669, EQ-658 and EX-649. I have opened two new accounts in the past couple of months and, according to FICO, have 4 inq in the past 2 years. Depending on which score they pull, I have 1 to 2 collections but they are all over 3 years old and under $300. 

I don't want to take an unnecessary hit, but I'd like to get this card and transfer the balances from my other subprime cards that charge fees. What would you do?

FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Platinum Pre-Qualified--What does that mean?

I got the same offer (0% 15 months, no BT fee) for the Platinum MC and I took it. It wasn't an instant approval, but I have been asked in the branch if I wanted to accept it, I said no. They sent a pre-approval in the mail and I went ahead and took it for a BT card. I have the Freedom Plus card already and I do my banking there.

Chase usually pulls EQ for me and I'm in Louisiana.

Sounds like you may get it, I would try if it will help you save on interest.

Edit for clarity- I responded to the mail offer and entered the code online. It wasn't an instant. I believe it said 15-30 days, if I remember correctly. It took a few days before I saw it in my online banking about 10 days or around that time frame.

Message Edited by stef37 on 10-30-2008 12:34 PM
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the same offer while speaking to a csr. I accepted, there was no hard pull. my cl is 7000
Message 3 of 10
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info. I applied and am just waiting to see what happens. How long did it take you to get a credit decision?
FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Darn, I should have took them up on it while I was at the branch. Oh well.

More data points to file away. Thanks for posting shaygol!

Message 5 of 10
Established Contributor

creditgirl wrote:
Thanks for the info. I applied and am just waiting to see what happens. How long did it take you to get a credit decision?

You can dial 800-945-2006 press(#), press(2), (give SS#) An android will give you the status of your application. I had an approval the day after applying by phone. The voice chip gave me the details of the account terms, interest rate etc.

Message 6 of 10
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the phone number. I just called and all I can say is WOW!!! I was approved for $4500!!!! I cannot believe it!!! I actually have a PRIME card!!!! This board is the absolute best!!! This time last year I was getting turned down by subprime cc companies!!  I will check into balance transfers to get rid of tribute and credit one!!!!!

Whoo!!! Hoo!!!!

FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 7 of 10
Established Contributor

creditgirl wrote:

Thanks for the phone number. I just called and all I can say is WOW!!! I was approved for $4500!!!! I cannot believe it!!! I actually have a PRIME card!!!! This board is the absolute best!!!

Whoo!!! Hoo!!!!

You are welcome and Gongrats. Keep the number handy so you can share it with others. It is nice to not have to wait in suspense for a decision if one has already been made. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Hey, Creditgirl ..................... YOU ROCK!!

Congratulations!

@creditgirl wrote:

Thanks for the phone number. I just called and all I can say is WOW!!! I was approved for $4500!!!! I cannot believe it!!! I actually have a PRIME card!!!! This board is the absolute best!!! This time last year I was getting turned down by subprime cc companies!!  I will check into balance transfers to get rid of tribute and credit one!!!!!

Whoo!!! Hoo!!!!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.