cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Points/Cash on Groceries

Frequent Contributor

Chase Points/Cash on Groceries

Do any of Chase's cards offer points back spent on groceries? It seems like many other banks offer this on one or more of their cards except Chase.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Points/Cash on Groceries

Amazon I think does 2x points at grocery stores . Don't quote me tho.
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 2 of 15
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Points/Cash on Groceries

Nope nvm sorry.
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 3 of 15
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Points/Cash on Groceries

A CSP/Freedom/Ink combo (one day) suits my needs for rewards perfectly, if one just offered rewards for groceries.  The Ink offers 2x for gas, which isn't great, but would pull my use away from another better rewards card (BCE, BCP, PenFed Rewards) if one also offered grocery rewards.  For this reason alone I will app for one of these other cards for grocery/gas use.  

 

Does anyone else feel this way?

 

It seems like it would benefit Chase to add a grocery rewards somewhere in here.  Any way to suggest this to them?

Message 4 of 15
Member

Re: Chase Points/Cash on Groceries


fittiger wrote:

A CSP/Freedom/Ink combo (one day) suits my needs for rewards perfectly, if one just offered rewards for groceries.  The Ink offers 2x for gas, which isn't great, but would pull my use away from another better rewards card (BCE, BCP, PenFed Rewards) if one also offered grocery rewards.  For this reason alone I will app for one of these other cards for grocery/gas use.  

 

Does anyone else feel this way?

 

It seems like it would benefit Chase to add a grocery rewards somewhere in here.  Any way to suggest this to them?


if your using 2x UR points for cash back then yes it's bad, but 1 UR point is capable of getting over 5 cents each depending on how you use them. So to each is own.

Message 5 of 15
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Points/Cash on Groceries


hayabusa wrote:

fittiger wrote:

A CSP/Freedom/Ink combo (one day) suits my needs for rewards perfectly, if one just offered rewards for groceries.  The Ink offers 2x for gas, which isn't great, but would pull my use away from another better rewards card (BCE, BCP, PenFed Rewards) if one also offered grocery rewards.  For this reason alone I will app for one of these other cards for grocery/gas use.  

 

Does anyone else feel this way?

 

It seems like it would benefit Chase to add a grocery rewards somewhere in here.  Any way to suggest this to them?


if your using 2x UR points for cash back then yes it's bad, but 1 UR point is capable of getting over 5 cents each depending on how you use them. So to each is own.


I use them for travel.....but the question is, what are your thoughts on why Chase doesn't offer rewards on Groceries like the other big boys?

Message 6 of 15
Member

Re: Chase Points/Cash on Groceries


fittiger wrote:

hayabusa wrote:

fittiger wrote:

A CSP/Freedom/Ink combo (one day) suits my needs for rewards perfectly, if one just offered rewards for groceries.  The Ink offers 2x for gas, which isn't great, but would pull my use away from another better rewards card (BCE, BCP, PenFed Rewards) if one also offered grocery rewards.  For this reason alone I will app for one of these other cards for grocery/gas use.  

 

Does anyone else feel this way?

 

It seems like it would benefit Chase to add a grocery rewards somewhere in here.  Any way to suggest this to them?


if your using 2x UR points for cash back then yes it's bad, but 1 UR point is capable of getting over 5 cents each depending on how you use them. So to each is own.


I use them for travel.....but the question is, what are your thoughts on why Chase doesn't offer rewards on Groceries like the other big boys?


probably because they don't need to. They already have the best points system in the United States by far. 1 UR point can be redeemed for as much as 10 cents per point if your using it for first class travel in high season. The Freedom card in the past had the options 6 months of the year but not recently. Regardless there are ways to get the points or savings you need. For instance if you purchase Publix grocery store gift cards after $3,000 you get an extra 3-4% discount. If your using your chase cards to purchase those points. You can also buy grocery gift cards at Card pool for some nice discounts if you need.

 

Regardless there's no point system that's better than UR atm. I have Chase United Club for 1.5 miles per dollar spent is good enough for me. If not I use my Starwood Amex for groceries.

Message 7 of 15
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Points/Cash on Groceries


fittiger wrote:
Do any of Chase's cards offer points back spent on groceries? It seems like many other banks offer this on one or more of their cards except Chase.

When you say points, do you mean "bonus" points?  You do get 1 point for each $ spent on Freedom for all purchases that aren't part of the bonus categories.  I think it's the same for the other Chase cards, but someone else will have to confirm or refute.

Message 8 of 15
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Points/Cash on Groceries

Yes, i mean extra points, 2x, 3x, 5x.
Message 9 of 15
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Points/Cash on Groceries


fittiger wrote:
Yes, i mean extra points, 2x, 3x, 5x.

In that case, I don't know of any Chase card that presently offers bonus points on groceries.  It would be great, but  guess they are happy with their revolving categories.  I must say I used my Freedom a lot last quarter for the gas/pharmacy discounts.  Starbucks - not so much.

Message 10 of 15