Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Pre Approval

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Pre Approval

@Walt_K wrote:

OP's OP claims that Chase only pulls Vantage scores. 

Yes I did miss that part completely. My apologies.

This is the first time though I've seen anyone mentioning Chase pulling VS exclusively.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 11 of 28
thebanjoman
Contributor

Apparently, it's true. Chase does pull VS.  Quick google reveals a few announcements/tags from Experian regarding vantage score listing Chase as a user (having converted in or around Jan 2011)

Message 12 of 28
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@thebanjoman wrote:

Apparently, it's true. Chase does pull VS.  Quick google reveals a few announcements/tags from Experian regarding vantage score listing Chase as a user (having converted in or around Jan 2011)

I believe you but I have yet to find anything at all that confirms that Chase is using VS. Do you have a link?

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 13 of 28
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I think I found the link of the announcement by Experian: Experian and VantageScores. But this particular article is unclear whether Chase will exclusively use VS.

One quote says: "Chase recently adopted VantageScore becoming one of the first major lenders to replace certain usage of FICO scores with the new model......."

But I appreciate the new information about Chase at least using VS for some (and perhaps all) credit decisions. It's always good to learn new things.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:

Message 14 of 28
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Here's another article, but it doesn't say that Chase is exclusively using Vantage, just that it adopted it.

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/vantagescore-credit-score-five-years-1270.php

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 28
thebanjoman
Contributor

that's the one I found MarineVietVet.  A few other similar articles from less reputable sounding places imply it swapped Jan 2011, whereas that article states they began using it in some scenarios in Oct 2010. 

Message 16 of 28
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

why do they only pull experian  ?

>
Message 17 of 28
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Approved!

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 18 of 28
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved!

i took some time to think it over and by compiling all of my thoughts, some good music, and newfound understanding in reguards to my recent changes, i decided to submit. and i realized that since they only offered there very BEST chase freedom, i realized it was best to go through with it.

Message 19 of 28
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved! Yesss!!!!!

i decided to call i couldn't wait to find out. all of the details have yet to fill out, but i got the Visa Signature version!!! yes!! sooo awsome! and a starting credit limit of 6100!!!

i checked and they pulled only transunion btw.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.