Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Pre-Approved offers

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Pre-Approved offers UPDATES

Sorry mxp114, no more pics for me! I'm too paranoid...

Acquiring that much credit has been achieved through patience, good habits, and strong scores. Keep in mind, my credit was not the best about 6 years ago. I was young and foolish and treated credit with no respect. As things aged and fell off, my scores rebouned. I had to deal with the likes of First Premier and Tribute; I paid their fees and played their games in turn for some positive payment history. Once the good offers came in, I took them and moved forward. My credit first took the leap from good to great is when I got mortgage and the real prime offers started to come. AMEX was the foray into restoring my credit history dating back to 1996 giving my average age a huge boost. I parlayed modest lines to larger lines. I carry balances because life happens. I always pay on time though and more than the minimum. Believe me, the household income which consists of myself and fiance don't come anywhere near 200K.

Message 41 of 60
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Oh MrShush that's too bad. You could always put something physical over the numbers and then take a photo. Rest assured that there is absolutely no way to remove the cover using a JPG. Much like you cannot take a video/pic of a nude celeb and eliminate the censor lol

About super high limits, I thought lenders would only provide those based on your income. I didn't realize you could have more credit than income but that's good to know.  

Message 42 of 60
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

Denied CLI and I'm rewarded with a hard. Awesome.

So no one knows if the Freedom Sig reports limits???

Freedom Signature cards do NOT report CL...only highest balance.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 43 of 60
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Oh MrShush that's too bad. You could always put something physical over the numbers and then take a photo. Rest assured that there is absolutely no way to remove the cover using a JPG. Much like you cannot take a video/pic of a nude celeb and eliminate the censor lol

About super high limits, I thought lenders would only provide those based on your income. I didn't realize you could have more credit than income but that's good to know.  

+1. i have more total credit limit (and available too) than household annual income. but i KNOW my personal limits, and would not spend more than i could possibly afford. i think you are correct, but it is because when you have many lines of credit you can build more credit than your actual income.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 44 of 60
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

no it does not. (i have had my recently report), but it not calculated in the util. of your reported limits.

Message 45 of 60
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

no it does not. (i have had my recently report), but it not calculated in the util. of your reported limits.

Perhaps then they'll allow me to reassign part of my line?

Message 46 of 60
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

it is ironic you should answer this question, because i requested a credit limit increase on the citicards website. they did a hard pull, (i did not think that they would actually do this, or i would not have requested the increase.)

Dear SCOTT

Action is required for your request to be

reconsidered.

Why we're

writing you

We have considered your recent request for a higher revolving credit line on your Citi® Dividend World

MasterCard® account, but we are unable to increase your revolving credit line at this time. This is because:

· Your available lines of credit, as shown on your credit bureau report, are too high when compared to your

income.

Some important

information

Our credit decision was based, in whole or in part, on information obtained in a report from the following

consumer reporting agency:

Equifax Credit Information Service

so yes, i guess if not before, its possible due to tightened regulation (im assuming, dont really know) that they are cracking down on allowing the amount of credit available, in regards to income. oh well. so what you were thinking mxp114 was true before. it just that it may be possible they have gotten tighter on this. or i am reading into this, and this has always been the case, it just happens that i would run into it now since i have never hp for cli with citibank (unintentionally anyway).

Smiley Sad

Message 47 of 60
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

it is ironic you should answer this question, because i requested a credit limit increase on the citicards website. they did a hard pull, (i did not think that they would actually do this, or i would not have requested the increase.)

Dear SCOTT

Action is required for your request to be

reconsidered.

Why we're

writing you

We have considered your recent request for a higher revolving credit line on your Citi® Dividend World

MasterCard® account, but we are unable to increase your revolving credit line at this time. This is because:

· Your available lines of credit, as shown on your credit bureau report, are too high when compared to your

income.

Some important

information

Our credit decision was based, in whole or in part, on information obtained in a report from the following

consumer reporting agency:

Equifax Credit Information Service

so yes, i guess if not before, its possible due to tightened regulation (im assuming, dont really know) that they are cracking down on allowing the amount of credit available, in regards to income. oh well. so what you were thinking mxp114 was true before. it just that it may be possible they have gotten tighter on this. or i am reading into this, and this has always been the case, it just happens that i would run into it now since i have never hp for cli with citibank (unintentionally anyway).

Smiley Sad

I think "new" to you lenders might be skittish and give smaller limits, but certainly existing relationships once they monitor your behavior and habits, would be more inclined to continue to increase credit regardless of income.

Message 48 of 60
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i asked for a CLI too soon from the previous CLI. when i used the cli request tool that is online, since it doesn't give you an option to forward request to credit department if they cannot approve you based on their 'history', i had to take a hard pull. i should have listened to Fused's warning. sigh!

I think "new" to you lenders might be skittish and give smaller limits, but certainly existing relationships once they monitor your behavior and habits, would be more inclined to continue to increase credit regardless of income.

Message 49 of 60
ontop
Regular Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

no more pics for me! I'm too paranoid...

You did the right thing!

Using photoshop to cover the account numbers on the snapshot of the card is NOT enought. On these days, there is also a thing called Geolocation Data that can reveal your location from  the pictures that you post in public forum, thus will endanger your safety. People should be aware!

Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 50 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.