Did you mean: 

Chase Pre-Approved offers

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Pre-Approved offers UPDATES

@ontop wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

no more pics for me! I'm too paranoid...

You did the right thing!

Using photoshop to cover the account numbers on the snapshot of the card is NOT enought. On these days, there is also a thing called Geolocation Data that can reveal your location from  the pictures that you post in public forum, thus will endanger your safety. People should be aware!

Not at all and you need to specifically enable geolocation tagging for the phone. Most digital cameras do not have geo tagging and even so your IP address could be potentially more revealing. As a precaution you can disable geo-tagging and can even strip the image itself of any and all properties including date/time stamp and the hardware used.

If you can take my posted photos and ascertain my name/acct number, I will send you $10,000 to learn exactly how.

Message 51 of 60
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

mxp114 wrote: 

If you can take my posted photos and ascertain my name/acct number, I will send you $10,000 to learn exactly how.

Looks like I know what my project is for next week! Smiley Wink

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 52 of 60
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@ontop wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

no more pics for me! I'm too paranoid...

You did the right thing!

Using photoshop to cover the account numbers on the snapshot of the card is NOT enought. On these days, there is also a thing called Geolocation Data that can reveal your location from  the pictures that you post in public forum, thus will endanger your safety. People should be aware!

that is so irrelavant to credit card fraud. actually this idea is ridiculous. you are confusing credit card fraud with breaking, entering and robbing houses. people rob houses to rob cash, tv's and expensive jewelry. not credit cards. people here want to share non personal information on here. they shouldn't be paranoid that somehow a house robber is on here reading the threads to somehow copy the files and capture the geolocation. (which i bet is within 100 ft of accuracy i bet), so he/she can break in and enter your house and grab your cards.

and even if you were robbed of your credit cards this way, you are rest assured SAFE because in no way are you responsible for the unauthorized charges on your card. please, lets can the unnecessary paranoia.

if you must, simply physically cover the sensitive data. you can also print it, mark out the data and than scan the printed photo. i do it the easy way and just mark out the data with photoshop and save as a jpg.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 53 of 60
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@SevenNEW wrote:

mxp114 wrote: 

Looks like I know what my project is for next week! Smiley Wink

im thinking of the DIRECTV football fairy.   ITS ON!!!!

Message 54 of 60
ontop
Regular Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Not at all and you need to specifically enable geolocation tagging for the phone. Most digital cameras do not have geo tagging and even so your IP address could be potentially more revealing. As a precaution you can disable geo-tagging and can even strip the image itself of any and all properties including date/time stamp and the hardware used.

People with tech savvy have no problem with this and also, by default ,most smart phones have turn off this feature when shipped. But you never know something that can turn it on intentionally, for I.E. people mess around with the setting and let it on by mistake and dont even realized the consequence. A lot of folks dont even know this feature and the risk of it. So, I'm just giving out a head up for everyone. Better be safe than sorry.

Knowing where you live is dangerous. Not necessary just a credit card number.

Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 55 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Pre-Approved offers

Can someone help me understand the desire for the pic of someone's credit card? Dont all Slate cards look alike?

Message 56 of 60
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@ontop wrote:

People with tech savvy have no problem with this and also, by default ,most smart phones have turn off this feature when shipped. But you never know something that can turn it on intentionally, for I.E. people mess around with the setting and let it on by mistake and dont even realized the consequence. A lot of folks dont even know this feature and the risk of it. So, I'm just giving out a head up for everyone. Better be safe than sorry.

Knowing where you live is dangerous. Not necessary just a credit card number.

Good point ontop, although very few phones provide pinpoint accuracy. I just did a geo tagging using my mobile device and it's several hundred feet off. I think it also depends on your location, if for example you live in a town of 200 people, it's more of a concern than someone in NYC or Chicago.

@Anonymous wrote:

Can someone help me understand the desire for the pic of someone's credit card? Dont all Slate cards look alike?

It's just nice to see the actual cards, some cards aren't exactly depicted accurately online. The Chase Sapphire Preferred is made of metal and has the acct info and association logo on the back, something you wouldn't know unless you saw a photo or someone explained it. It also looks much nicer than the way it is shown online. Not all cards look alike, some markets get test designs and others introduce newly designed plastics, etc. I have never seen a Slate card personally.

Message 57 of 60
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i know. its freakin ironic, but still no one as posted a photo of a slate card. i did see slate once, but it was from a distance, so i did not get a clear view of what it looked like. i have been pre approved for a slate several times, but i just don't want a card that doesn't have rewards. i will consider amex clear if they decide allowing no foreign transaction fees.

Message 58 of 60
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

i know. its freakin ironic, but still no one as posted a photo of a slate card. i did see slate once, but it was from a distance, so i did not get a clear view of what it looked like. i have been pre approved for a slate several times, but i just don't want a card that doesn't have rewards. i will consider amex clear if they decide allowing no foreign transaction fees.

Perhaps it's a conspiracy. 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 59 of 60
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@Odiseous wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

Perhaps it's a conspiracy. 

Smiley Surprised

Message 60 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.