Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Pre-Approved offers

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Pre-Approved offers

No, there aren't any rewards on the Slate except for the fee free BT and a sub 10% rate. It should allow me to eat into some of my balances. If I do decide to bite, I'm going to get both hopefully on one inquiry. Ill probably cancel my Citi AMEX then. Walt, I'd never fully realize the benefits of the Sapphire Preferred card. I (we) don't spend enough to take advantage which is why I can't justify upgrading to the PR Gold or Platinum.
Message 11 of 60
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MrShush wrote:
No, there aren't any rewards on the Slate except for the fee free BT and a sub 10% rate. It should allow me to eat into some of my balances. If I do decide to bite, I'm going to get both hopefully on one inquiry. Ill probably cancel my Citi AMEX then. Walt, I'd never fully realize the benefits of the Sapphire Preferred card. I (we) don't spend enough to take advantage which is why I can't justify upgrading to the PR Gold or Platinum.

OK, that's very true --if you have balances and can take advantage of their special deals on that, it definitely makes sense.

I don't know how willing they will be to let you PC into something different on down the line, once you have your balances back down.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 60
MrShush
Valued Contributor

How are they with limits nowadays? My highest is 20k with Priceline Visa Sig and lowest is 1800 (haha) with citi. Most of my cards now are in the 10-12k range. I think is flip my wig if they hit me with a low limit
Message 13 of 60
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

They gave me $20K on my Southwest Visa Sig, but my Freedom is at a whopping $4K, from the original $2,500. Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 60
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

They gave me $20K on my Southwest Visa Sig, but my Freedom is at a whopping $4K, from the original $2,500. Smiley Very Happy

Oh Lord! Which card did you get first? They approved me in 06/ 2009 for 4k on that southwest card. I was bummed about that too.
Message 15 of 60
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MrShush wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Oh Lord! Which card did you get first? They approved me in 06/ 2009 for 4k on that southwest card. I was bummed about that too.

Oh, believe me, the SW is brand new.

I started with a Borders Visa, which was actually a pretty good card in terms of rewards. When Chase mostly stopped its affiliate card programs, it switched me to a Freedom in 2009, I think it was, although it took forever to get the quarterly categories. The original card was at $2,500, and there it stayed from spring 2008 to spring 2011, when it lurched up to $4K.

The SW was $20K right out of the gate.

I consider this an example of how some people get some cards with little asterisks on them, and they're just not going to go anywhere any time soon.

Message 16 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase gave me 10K on my INK yesterday, but only 3K on my Freedom card in August. I obtained 10K Discover AFTER I received the Freedom. Looks like they matched my current highest, and then asked me if I needed more.

Message 17 of 60
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase gave me 10K on my INK yesterday, but only 3K on my Freedom card in August. I obtained 10K Discover AFTER I received the Freedom. Looks like they matched my current highest, and then asked me if I needed more.

What was the difference in reports in August vs. now? My highest reporting limit is 12K. What are your scores like if you don't mind me asking.

Message 18 of 60
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Well I apped for both. I did the Freedom first and got only $6500. Quite disappointing. I submitted for the Slate and it's under review. I'm hoping to only get pinched for one inquiry.

Message 19 of 60
MrShush
Valued Contributor

UPDATE: The Slate app was approved for $7000. Not a bad haul and I really really really hope they only used one inquiry!

Message 20 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.