Did you mean: 

Chase Pre-Qual Offers

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Pre-Qual Offers

@dobirdsmommy wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

Haven't been pre-qualified since I opened and churned my Freedom in September/October. Checked today and I have both Slate and Freedom. Looking to get the AARP instead of the two listed. Does the pre-qual on the Slate/Freedom make the AARP any more obtainable? I tried for AARP in January and was denied for too many new accounts.

Take my advice. If you are going to apply for 2 cards do it the same day! I just had a nightmare with this the past 48 hours

Plus doing it in one day, they will use the same hp typically.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the input. I am going to pull the trigger in May...it will give my inquiries and new accounts some time to season.

Message 12 of 18
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

@dobirdsmommy wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

Haven't been pre-qualified since I opened and churned my Freedom in September/October. Checked today and I have both Slate and Freedom. Looking to get the AARP instead of the two listed. Does the pre-qual on the Slate/Freedom make the AARP any more obtainable? I tried for AARP in January and was denied for too many new accounts.

Take my advice. If you are going to apply for 2 cards do it the same day! I just had a nightmare with this the past 48 hours

DO elaborate please.

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BarryNTexas wrote:

@dobirdsmommy wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

DO elaborate please.

I've done my double's same day with same EX HP.

When the wife got the CSP and then the IHG same month, different days, it was two different pulls.

Message 14 of 18
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

@BarryNTexas wrote:

@dobirdsmommy wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

DO elaborate please.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Chase-Slate-Needed-to-Recon/td-p/3809326

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 15 of 18
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

@dobirdsmommy wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

DO elaborate please.

I've done my double's same day with same EX HP.

When the wife got the CSP and then the IHG same month, different days, it was two different pulls.

I didnt get an alert this am that they HP me yesterday for the Slate again. I only have one HP for the freedom. But all her questions she asked yesterday were based off of my TU report because she kept on referencing TU. Tuesday for the Freedom they pulled both EX and TU.  I wonder now if they did use the same hard pull because it was less than 24 hours between the apps

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 16 of 18
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

Does the pre-qual on the Slate/Freedom make the AARP any more obtainable? I tried for AARP in January and was denied for too many new accounts.

As always, do not rely on prequals.  Has anything changed with regard to the reason for denial in one month?

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

Does the pre-qual on the Slate/Freedom make the AARP any more obtainable? I tried for AARP in January and was denied for too many new accounts.

As always, do not rely on prequals.  Has anything changed with regard to the reason for denial in one month?

Nothing new except the addition of the Lowe's card with $25,000 CL. Overstock hasn't reported yet and no HP with that.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.