Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Pre-Qual

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Chase Pre-Qual

I check 2 to 3 times a month for chase pre-qualified offers. Finaly today i have some...

Slate 0% / 15 months

Freedom $125 after spend and AU

Scores in sig are fresh and can float-over for inq info, etc.

My Chase Amazon is almost 6 months old

Walmart $150 to $2500 and Lowes $500 to $5000 both just reported the higher limits this week

I have a couple 0% purchases on the Synch cards that put my UTIL up to 19%. Should i wait until my UTIL is 1-9% on 1 card?

I want both cards (moving soon and want the 0% intro and the 5% revolve on gas); Can i apply for both the same day or do i have to spread them out?

My CC choices are limited as i have an open tax lien and 1 paid collection on my reports. The lien should be removed next year and i would like to PC the Slate and/or Amazon to CSP and/or Mariot. Is this an option?

Thanks for any advice

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Pre-Qual

@elim wrote:

I check 2 to 3 times a month for chase pre-qualified offers. Finaly today i have some...

Slate 0% / 15 months

Walmart $150 to $2500 and Lowes $500 to $5000 both just reported the higher limits this week

I have a couple 0% purchases on the Synch cards that put my UTIL up to 19%. Should i wait until my UTIL is 1-9% on 1 card?

I want both cards (moving soon and want the 0% intro and the 5% revolve on gas); Can i apply for both the same day or do i have to spread them out?

My CC choices are limited as i have an open tax lien and 1 paid collection on my reports. The lien should be removed next year and i would like to PC the Slate and/or Amazon to CSP and/or Mariot. Is this an option?

Thanks for any advice

I waited till my util was below 10%, it might be a good idea. with util above 10% i was pre qual for slate and freedom then when it got below 10 I got a offer for CSP, 734 FACO from CK. you can apply for two cards at the same time. go for the freedom first. unless the intro APR is more important to you.I dont know about PCing amazon to CSP but im sure someone can answer that on here.

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 2 of 29
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Elim, great job on getting the 5k and 2.5k limits. That will help you alot, but twist is right, get the util under 10%. Chase seems to be finnicky about stuff like that.

Message 3 of 29
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

I'd wait til everything was ideal before apping. It's important to get a high CL on slate for BT or no APR purposes. 

Good luck either way.

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 4 of 29
elim
Senior Contributor

ok, that will put me at mid october to report 1 card with 1-9%. it will also give me a full 6 statements with my current chase card

i got an auto-cli after statement #2 on the amazon. maybe they will do the same after #6

cooooooooooooool... sounds like a plan to me  :]   i'll app in mid october (all cards are in the gun safe)

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

Slate 0% / 15 months

Thanks for any advice

I recommend you wait. I was in the exact same scenario at you with freedom and slate finally popping up after nothing for months. Interest rates where 22% on both offers so I didnt bite. Well I wait an additional 2 months after the prequel offers showed up and boom, csp showed up as well. Once csp showed up, interest rates on the freedom and slate dropped to 18.99% and 17.99%. I took the csp. Again I would give it another 2 months see what changes.

Message 6 of 29
elim
Senior Contributor

OMG

3 AMEX charge cards just showed up... now i really have to think on my next credit move

We have found the following special Card offers for you. We invite you to apply for one today.
Please note: Identification of special offers may have included a review of your credit history that was not based on your most current credit bureau data.

American Express® Green Card

American Express® Gold Card

American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card
Message 7 of 29
elim
Senior Contributor

FICOers told me to get 3 or 4 "average credit" cards, use the heck out of them and PIF for 6 months and DON"T APP FOR ANYTHING.

besides a credit union checking/share HP, i have 0 inq's in 6 months and have made atleast 1 payment on all 4 cards each month and always PIF'd.

well... barclay just chimed in...

BOOM! 6 months a charm for PRE-QUALIFY

Message 8 of 29
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

@elim wrote:

OMG

3 AMEX charge cards just showed up... now i really have to think on my next credit move

We have found the following special Card offers for you. We invite you to apply for one today.
Please note: Identification of special offers may have included a review of your credit history that was not based on your most current credit bureau data.

American Express® Green Card

American Express® Gold Card

American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card

I believe that charge cards can be a great tool in building your credit profile. I wouldnt be where I am today without one. My oldest account just turned 1 this month! 

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 9 of 29
elim
Senior Contributor

If i app for PRG and get denied, will AMEX counter with either green or gold (1 of the 2)? Or should i play it safe and app for green? I really want the 14' on any AEX card, no rush for a revolver with them. I'll get that with time.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.