tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Pre-Qual

@elim wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@twist7d7 wrote:

@elim wrote:

If i app for PRG and get denied, will AMEX counter with either green or gold (1 of the 2)? Or should i play it safe and app for green? I really want the 14' on any AEX card, no rush for a revolver with them. I'll get that with time.

Underwriting for the cards you mentioned is the same for all of them. Go with the one that fits you best. Ive never heard of a amex counter offer.

Right, Amex will not counter. 

Is the PRG a 50k bonus?  Also, Chase pre-qualifier is about as good as gold - really high approval rate.

yeah, seems to be...

50,000 Membership Rewards® Points 

Get 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.

That's a good offer, plus year 1 AF is waived.  

Chase won't counter-offer, but if it isn't instant approval/denial they are very good with reconsideration.

Message 21 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@elim wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@twist7d7 wrote:

@elim wrote:

If i app for PRG and get denied, will AMEX counter with either green or gold (1 of the 2)? Or should i play it safe and app for green? I really want the 14' on any AEX card, no rush for a revolver with them. I'll get that with time.

Underwriting for the cards you mentioned is the same for all of them. Go with the one that fits you best. Ive never heard of a amex counter offer.

Is the PRG a 50k bonus?  Also, Chase pre-qualifier is about as good as gold - really high approval rate.

yeah, seems to be...

Get 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.

I'm sure mongstradamus is somewhere shaking his fists at the computer  Smiley LOL

Message 22 of 29
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

@elim wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@twist7d7 wrote:

@elim wrote:

yeah, seems to be...

I'm sure mongstradamus is somewhere shaking his fists at the computer  Smiley LOL

Smiley LOL

Message 23 of 29
Amnesia87
Contributor

Perhaps get one of the other chase cards and then try for the CSP? I still think most credit approval systems are built on voodoo science Smiley Very Happy. The formulas they are using are far to complicated to be properly analyzed by us. One thing that would probably make a difference. Do you have other reasonably high limit cards? You need to eligible for at least a 5k card to get the Sapphire since it's a Visa Signature. My top limits are 20k, 14k, 10k. Makes getting at least 5k per card easier. If your highest card only like 2k, would make such an approval more difficult.

Starting Score: EX FICO: Unknown EQ FICO: 717 TU (CreditKarma): 713
Current Score: EX FICO: 737 EQ FICO: 752 TU (CreditKarma): 717
Goal Score: EX FICO: 760 EQ FICO: 760 TU (CreditKarma): 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 24 of 29
elim
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@elim wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@twist7d7 wrote:

@elim wrote:

yeah, seems to be...

lol, yeah, he has MR issues i think. :]   i read all his posts, luv em'

Message 25 of 29
elim
Senior Contributor

@Amnesia87 wrote:

Perhaps get one of the other chase cards and then try for the CSP? I still think most credit approval systems are built on voodoo science Smiley Very Happy. The formulas they are using are far to complicated to be properly analyzed by us. One thing that would probably make a difference. Do you have other reasonably high limit cards? You need to eligible for at least a 5k card to get the Sapphire since it's a Visa Signature. My top limits are 20k, 14k, 10k. Makes getting at least 5k per card easier. If your highest card only like 2k, would make such an approval more difficult.

yeah i still return to "baby steps". i only have 1 "5k card" and it's a synch. i am really in no hurry. that's sort of why i'm blabbing i think. so someone helps me keep both feet on the ground before i make a dumb move.  it's going to be a long month. sigh. but i now have some clue of how to plan. thanks all, very much

Message 26 of 29
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

@elim wrote:

@Amnesia87 wrote:

yeah i still return to "baby steps". i only have 1 "5k card" and it's a synch. i am really in no hurry. that's sort of why i'm blabbing i think. so someone helps me keep both feet on the ground before i make a dumb move.  it's going to be a long month. sigh. but i now have some clue of how to plan. thanks all, very much

Im sorry to say it but i feel your CSP approval odds are slim without a preaproval. Maybe on a recon. PRG and freedom are Much better odd and I think more useful to your profile. IMHO

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP and marrott you may have a chance

Message 28 of 29
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

I would go for the 50k offer plus no AF first year it is one of their highest offers.  Then if you don't feel like the AF is worth it app for the ED with the 10k or EDP with the 15k sign up and cancel the PRG that way you don't lose your MR points plus the EDP is far and away a better MR earning card.  

I would also app for the Freedom good 5% card.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.