cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Pre-approval site - something new?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Pre-approval site - something new?

@Jutz wrote:

As far as preapproval sites go...are they based on previous promotional soft pulls that the company may have already done...or do these sites "force" a soft pull and give you offers based on that?

Not totally sure because the wording sounds like it's finding an offer that was mailed to you... My partner has never gotten anything outside of BT offers for his Freedom that he NEVER uses... but low and behold Slate was offer and was instantly approved so not sure about instant SP or already in system.  I have gotten 3 others to do it also and had no offers... so hoping others will get offers and actually apply and see if we can trust this...

Makes me miss the BofA one that use to exist.  Not sure on the APR either... He got 16% which is tier 2 based on the APR's available... I find that annoying that APR tier is "Based on our credit review" right? so his credit is good enough for $9k but doesn't qualify for 11%? won't effect us for 15 months but still!!!

Message 31 of 42
Kendro
Contributor

Just tried it and was offered a CSP with 40,000 bonus points if I spend $3000 in 3 months and a Slate with no balance transfer fees and 0% for 15 months. I already have a Freedom.

Message 32 of 42
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

I don't know how much I would go by the pre-approval site. When the page launched a few days ago it showed no offers...but I applied for the Freedom and got an Instant Approval. So it might be based on a prior soft pull or just hit and miss. I lean more towards hit and miss as none of my reports show any soft inquiries from Chase or First something which is also Chase. 

Message 33 of 42
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Had an offer for the Slate....tempting, but I am in garden mode darn it! 

Photobucket
Message 34 of 42
Kendro
Contributor

@FloridaState12 wrote:

Why is Slate tempting? Is it supposed to be a prime card?

Message 35 of 42
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@Kendro wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

Why is Slate tempting? Is it supposed to be a prime card?

It's from Chase so I consider it prime. It's tempting because I'm addicted to applying...and having that pre approval makes me want to apply even more. Smiley Tongue

Photobucket
Message 36 of 42
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Jutz wrote:

As far as preapproval sites go...are they based on previous promotional soft pulls that the company may have already done...or do these sites "force" a soft pull and give you offers based on that?

Not totally sure because the wording sounds like it's finding an offer that was mailed to you... My partner has never gotten anything outside of BT offers for his Freedom that he NEVER uses... but low and behold Slate was offer and was instantly approved so not sure about instant SP or already in system.  I have gotten 3 others to do it also and had no offers... so hoping others will get offers and actually apply and see if we can trust this...

Makes me miss the BofA one that use to exist.  Not sure on the APR either... He got 16% which is tier 2 based on the APR's available... I find that annoying that APR tier is "Based on our credit review" right? so his credit is good enough for $9k but doesn't qualify for 11%? won't effect us for 15 months but still!!!

i haven't had any offers from chase mailed to me lately (so the system apparently didn't find an offer that was mailed out). 

i think it's a SP (there was a disclaimer box saying it wouldn't affect credit score), and the system "recognized" that i already had a chase freedom (as that was not offered to me).  I was offered the Slate at 11% interest. (didn't apply, though)

what i've read on this forum is that the CL is often based on income, while APR is based on credit score (including, i would guess inq's, aaoa, lates, etc).  don't know how true that is, but that's what i've read here. 

Message 37 of 42
shane82388
Established Contributor

If you look closely here.... https://creditcards.chase.com/?view=d

There is two boxes to click on...one says "Find Special Offers" and one say "Check Mailed Offers".

I got an offer for Slate when i find my special offers but i dont get any mailed offers...so it seems like its an actual soft inquiry.

Message 38 of 42
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@shane82388 wrote:

If you look closely here.... https://creditcards.chase.com/?view=d

There is two boxes to click on...one says "Find Special Offers" and one say "Check Mailed Offers".

I got an offer for Slate when i find my special offers but i dont get any mailed offers...so it seems like its an actual soft inquiry.

Correct - a Soft Pull occurs whenever selecting the Find Special Offers option.

Credit Limit is set based on income and overall credit profile.

APR is based on credit score and overall credit profile which may include established product relationship with Chase (as applicable) including internal risk score factors. 

Message 39 of 42
QuantumCredit
New Contributor

OMG, I just did it and I was preapproved for a Freedom and a CSP with the Freedom offering 12.99% APR and 0% for 15 months. This after getting my Cash+ and BCP and while I got decent limits I got pretty bad APRs. But what's even more amazing is I've tried calling Chase's executive office several times because I've had a Slate with a toy limit for several years now that I've tried to get CLIed and PCed to a Freedom and I've been denied multiple times. So maybe if I call them now I can reference the preapproval.....?

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.