Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Pre-qualfied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Pre-qualfied

I was helping my bf check his pre-qualified offers tonight and decided to check mine as well. I got this for Chase? How accurate are their offers? I was denied for the Freedom card on 10/17/2015, but I didnt have any offers at that time.    Choose One of Your Pre-Qualified Offers

Chase Freedom®
Always-on Cash Back & Save On Interest
Chase Freedom Card
EARN A $100 BONUS
after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening*
Respond Now for Chase Freedom Card
  • Unlimited 1% Cash Back on every purchase—it's automatic*
  • 5% Total Cash Back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter*
  • 0% Intro APR and No Annual Fee†
Chase Slate®
Save on Interest & Free Monthly FICO® Score
Chase Slate Card
$0 INTRO BALANCE TRANSFER FEE
0% Intro APR†
Respond Now for Chase Slate Card
  • $0 Annual Fee†
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Pre-qualfied

Chase pre quals have been known to be pretty solid. Your scores may get you a low SL, but perhaps not, it's toss up sometimes. How old is your collection? 

Message 2 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing you should check is if the APR is a range or set; if it's a range then it's about the same as applying cold, whereas a set APR is usually a very good sign for approval from Chase.  Click on the Pricing and Terms for each of the cards and then you'll see what they're offering.

Also keep in mind that even if the APR is set, the SL might not be great if the APR is high in the range for that card since this means you're probably a borderline candidate.

Message 3 of 50
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I removed the links from your post. Usually Chase pre-quals are pretty solid.
Message 4 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:

Chase pre quals have been known to be pretty solid. Your scores may get you a low SL, but perhaps not, it's toss up sometimes. How old is your collection? 

Even if they just denied for the Freedom a few weeks ago? The collection is a little over 5 years old. I actually just settled the account last week and got them to agree to a PFD so it should be removed next week. 

Message 5 of 50
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditguy wrote:

Even if they just denied for the Freedom a few weeks ago? The collection is a little over 5 years old. I actually just settled the account last week and got them to agree to a PFD so it should be removed next week. 

Wait for the deletion, for sure.

Message 6 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

One thing you should check is if the APR is a range or set; if it's a range then it's about the same as applying cold, whereas a set APR is usually a very good sign for approval from Chase.  Click on the Pricing and Terms for each of the cards and then you'll see what they're offering.

Also keep in mind that even if the APR is set, the SL might not be great if the APR is high in the range for that card since this means you're probably a borderline candidate.

Says 0% Intro APR for the first 15 billing cycles. After that, 22.99% for both cards. 

Message 7 of 50
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I would wait another week or two as well if you choose to go for the freedom for the $200 sign-up bonus that is most likely to come back.

As long as you haven't opened 5 accounts in the last two years you should be good to go. If you have it will be denied most certainly.

Message 8 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does that apply to store cards or just major cards? 

Message 9 of 50
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Does that apply to store cards or just major cards? 

I am not 100% sure.. I will let someone else answer that question as I have heard different opinions on it.

Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.