Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Pre-qualified, i need advise!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Pre-qualified, i need advise!!

Hi Everyone, in the last 3 months i have been approved for 4 cards, i wanted the chase freedom but when i did my app spree i didn't get any pre-qualified offer from chase on the site, but one month ago i was pre-qualified for the chase freedom and chase slate, the freedom with 0% intro apr and 21% after the intro, today i checked the prequal and i was surprised that i'm prequalified for the chase sapphire preferred with a 15% apr, and the offer for the freedom is now 18% apr after the 0% intro, what do you thing guys is a good time to apply for the CSP??

I need to add that i only have 11 months of credit history and my aaoa is only 3 months..

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Pre-qualified, i need advise!!

Apply for Freedom and CSP or wait and watch the APR go down a little bit more 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 2 of 22
sunkissed
Established Contributor

If you're not in a hurry, I'd wait for the APR to go down some more on the Freedom (it's fixed on the CSP).  Chase is notorious for not lowering APRs.  If APR matters to you at all, wait for a better offer or you'll most likely be stuck with a yucky APR.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 3 of 22
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

If you're not in a hurry, I'd wait for the APR to go down some more on the Freedom (it's fixed on the CSP).  Chase is notorious for not lowering APRs.  If APR matters to you at all, wait for a better offer or you'll most likely be stuck with a yucky APR.

This. The APR on the CSP is always going to be the standard 15.99. It's fixed. But the Freedom APR is subject to change, as you've no doubt noticed. But once you lock in, they will almost certainly not reduce your APR, so you'll be stuck there. 

That said, I don't really care so much about APR as I never intend to use it and carry a balance. If you're like me, then APR probably isn't really an issue. And if you want a low APR card, you'll be able to easily find one that is lower than the Freedom's, regardless of how long you wait. High Rewards cards just aren't going to offer as good of an APR. Period.

If you really want the cards, I'd go for it. It's the sweetest 1-2 combo on the market right now. Add the fact that the Chase Pre-Qual site is pretty damn accurate most of the time with regards to your approval outlook.

Message 4 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

APPLY FOR BOTH!

Then you can just close one later and move the CL Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

Thanks all for your responses, leaving aside the APR issue because i PIF every month, do you think that my news accounts and my low AAOA. down my chances of being approved?? another point againts me is that i don't have a credit card with more than 5k, my biggest limit is 2k

Message 6 of 22
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

Thanks all for your responses, leaving aside the APR issue because i PIF every month, do you think that my news accounts and my low AAOA. down my chances of being approved?? another point againts me is that i don't have a credit card with more than 5k, my biggest limit is 2k

Agreed that these are not cards that would be intended for carrying a balance so that APR on the Freedom is really meaningless.

I say apply for BOTH!!  Chase's Pre-Qual is rock solid.  I would do Freedom first and CSP right behind it if it was me.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speaking of Pre-quals.

I just checked the wife's and her Slate pre-qual APR just went down from 22.99% to 17.99% after 0% period.

Progress is being made!

I on the other hand still have a big ol' goose egg even though I already have several Chase cards.

Message 8 of 22
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Go for them now. Freedom has a $200 bonus which can be more if transferred to CSP. You shouldn't be carrying a balance on a rewards card anyway so APR doesn't matter. (If you need to then get a no frills CU card with like 4% APR)

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do both. Hopefully it's only 1 HP!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.