Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase PreApproval message??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase PreApproval message??

What exactly does this mean, if anything?  I have never applied to them and I most certainly haven't opted-out of offers.

We are unable to locate any offers for you at this time.

This may be because you have opted out of "prescreened" offers from Chase
and other companies or you have recently responded to another offer from Chase.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase PreApproval message??

It means you are not pre-approved for any Chase cards.

It does not mean, however, that you will not be approved for a Chase card.

Message 2 of 13
b_diddy
Established Contributor

@Involver wrote:

It means you are not pre-approved for any Chase cards.

It does not mean, however, that you will not be approved for a Chase card.

+1

... also does NOT mean you have opted out on any of the CRA's.  I get this message as well but have never opted out of pre-screened offers.  Its standard Chase boilerplate.  If you want to opt out, you have to actually contact each of the CRA's.

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 3 of 13
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

It means you are not pre-approved for a card and it may be because you opted out of Chase (or like partners) for pre-approvals or because you already responded to a pre-approval. 

But the 3rd "may" they don't say and applies to majority is that your credit isn't good enough for a solid pre-approval offer.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It means that you are not prequalified for an offer, for generally one of two reasons.

A - your credit score is too low or credit file contains items they find displeasing.

Or

B - your address does not match their system records.  It is very picky and has to be formatted exactly as the letters you receive from them (if any), or formatted identically to the one listed as your current address on your Experian report. 

Message 5 of 13
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

it means you're not worthy yet.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@subwaysandwich wrote:

it means you're not worthy yet.

I was years ago when they issued the Paypal MC.  I got rid of it myself as the card never increased..  It still shows on my credit report too.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never opted out of anything.  They can't just say, we didn't have a pre-approval for you?  LOL  Would have been so much simpler.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got that same messages ok when I check for mine. However I had a fraud alert on my CR and it's opted me out for 90 days. And they approved me for all of their cards so it doesn't mean anything if you got a good score. They pulled EX for all of my apps. GL!!!

Message 9 of 13
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

i got 5 chase cards (closed 1) and almost 20k in credit lines with never being pre approved by chase. The pre approval does not mean anything. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.