Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Preapproval?

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Chase Preapproval?

I got an email saying I'm invited by Chase to Apply for the CSP.

Would this be a Preapproval? Even though I'm over 5/24 they're sending me this?
CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Preapproval?

I wouldn't think so. If you are already an account holder, I would check your preapprovals online, or go into a branch.

What you are describing looks like just an invite to apply

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a pre-approval. I had the same offer for a Chase Freedom, Freedom Ulimited, and CSP. I went with the Freedom because I didn't want to be overzealous about going for the CSP which is my dream and I didn't want to risk being declined. I was approved for the Freedom even though it gave me a 7-10 day review response but I called them immediately and they just "verified" my identity by asking the usual silly questions and I was immediately approved for a $2500SL. I'm definitely over the 5/24 but I don't think it was a major impact for their decision to approve me.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xgac12x wrote:
I got an email saying I'm invited by Chase to Apply for the CSP.

Would this be a Preapproval? Even though I'm over 5/24 they're sending me this?

I agree with Tigers.. I think it's just a marketting mailer.. Check for your online offers or visit a branch for pre approved offers..

I also received simillar mailer for Freedom, I was over 5/24, applied and was denied because of 5/24.. I tried to recon and csr said nothing can be done for 5/24 case and the mailer you received was sent from sales team.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This pre-approvals are just marketing offers.  If you are over the 5/24, you will be denied.  

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke with a personal banker at chase and he said that the 5/24 rule was not a big concern for them for their cards except for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.