Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Prequalify

tag
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Chase Prequalify

when seeing if your prequalified of Chase website , does it SP your TU ? And if so, if you App thru the offer your prequalified for

does it HP from your TU vs cold app'n and it pulling EX ?

my TU is 100% clean which makes me believe it SP TU and my EQ & EX is pretty Jacked up.

If anyone knows how Chase Prequalified thing works, please fill me in. 

Thanks....

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Prequalify

I went to Chases site last week and checked for prequalified offers. Not sure who they SP'd. They said I was prequalified for the Freedom and Slate. I clicked on the Freedom and applied. Instantly, well about 30 seconds, approved for $3,500. Highest limit is my $3.5k Capital One Quicksilver. Chase HP'd TU and EX for me. Still waiting for my card.

Message 2 of 6
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

I think Chase's pre-qualify site is hit or miss.  I've been trying to months 7 it's NEVER said I was pre-qualified for anything.  Finally, about 6 weeks ago I was up late one night & after a few too many glasses of wine I went ahead & applied for the CSP.  I got the 30 day message but the next day they emailed me telling me I was approved for $5000.  So, you never know.  lol

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 3 of 6
joedtx
Valued Contributor

The consensus for most is that the Chase site is pretty much a sure thing.

Message 4 of 6
Windowguy
Valued Member

I got the preapproved link on December 31,2015 and I hit the apply button and I got $4800 approved for the Slate Card. I tried again the same day for the Chase Freedom and it was declined. I reapplied yesterday for the Freedpm card and was approved $4500.

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

when seeing if your prequalified of Chase website , does it SP your TU ? And if so, if you App thru the offer your prequalified for

does it HP from your TU vs cold app'n and it pulling EX ?

my TU is 100% clean which makes me believe it SP TU and my EQ & EX is pretty Jacked up.

If anyone knows how Chase Prequalified thing works, please fill me in. 

Thanks....

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the past it's been reported that the Chase prequal site was fairly solid, with the caveat being that it apparently did not check for the Chase 5/24 rule which usually applies for Chase SP, Freedom, and Slate but not for the co-branded cards. I believe there also were posts by several people who passed the pre-qual but. failed because of 5/24.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.