cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Prescreened Offers - Getting Annoyed

tag
Eastside

Chase Prescreened Offers - Getting Annoyed

A couple months ago, I decided to check if I was pre-approved for the Freedom through Chase's website.  I wasn't, but shortly thereafter, I began receiving prescreened offers for the Freedom in the mail.  Last week I decided to apply and got approved.  Now here's the thing, I've been getting 2 or 3 of these letters every week. 

I have a suffix after my last name, one day I'll get one with my proper legal name.  The next day I'll get one without the suffix.  The next day I'll get one with Jr.  I don't know where they got that, I'm not a Jr.  Nor do I have a Jr.

So, like I said, I got approved for the Freedom last week, and since then I've gotten 3 more junk letters from Chase.  I already got the card!  I know I can opt-out of all prescreened offers through the CRAs, but I don't want to do that.  Is there any way to opt-out just from Chase?  Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Prescreened Offers - Getting Annoyed

I think most of the members on this forum get offers from lenders they have cc's with; keep in mind its their marketing firm that is sending these offers. Your alternative is to opt out and that should out an end to your offers.
Message 2 of 16
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I think most of the members on this forum get offers from lenders they have cc's with; keep in mind its their marketing firm that is sending these offers. Your alternative is to opt out and that should out an end to your offers.

yep, as soon as i got my boa and capone cards, i was already preapproved for another

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 3 of 16
Eastside

Really, they badger you guys with 3 letters every week, and use 3 different names?  Capital One and Discover haven't done that to me yet.

Edit: Also, my question was, is there any way to opt-out just from Chase?

Message 4 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The bottom of your letter should point you in the right direction. Citi is the worse offender
Message 5 of 16
Eastside

@09Lexie wrote:
The bottom of your letter should point you in the right direction. Citi is the worse offender

Lexie, I appreciate you trying to help.  But that doesn't answer my question.  The bottom of the letters points you toward optoutprescreen.com.  That is mandated by the FTC, and allows you to opt out of all prescreened offers through the CRAs.  I said that in my OP.  I don't want to do that, just Chase.

Message 6 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I believe you answered your own question. You cannot pick and choose who sends you offers if you've opted in. They usually come in waves, next quarter they may have moved on to another region. Your choice is to throw them away of opt out.
Message 7 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
I believe you answered your own question. You cannot pick and choose who sends you offers if you've opted in. They usually come in waves, next quarter they may have moved on to another region. Your choice is to throw them away of opt out.

+1

Additionally, keep in mind that your current Chase CC approval ALSO opts you in.  Please refer to your current CC insert that specificall addresses this item under the section under Reasons we can share your personal information... "For our marketing purposes - to offer you products and services to you"  Does Chase Share? YES.  Can you limit this sharing? NO.

Message 8 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 16
jasonkm1
Regular Contributor

I got a pre-approved offer in the mail for the Freedom about 3 months ago; it was the first one I got from Chase so I went ahead and applied/got approved online. Since then I must've gotten about 15 more offers for Chase Freedom, and maybe 10 more their Slate card.  I thought this was unusual since I already got the Freedom why were they still sending me pre-approved offers? I just figure it takes time for them to update their mailing lists or something.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.