Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Priority Rewards or Continental One Pass

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Priority Rewards or Continental One Pass

I get pre-approved offers for the priority rewards card all the time, as well as the Continental card (don't know how the merger with United will affect this card)...I've applied for the Continental card I think twice in the past, and I never get approved. Admittedly my credit in the past was horrendous and I was too young and stupid to keep falling for the steady arrival of pre-approved offers.

But now that my score has gotten better, and I've actually got a real job (lol no more school!) I travel frequently and as a Priority Rewards Member I try to choose a hotel that's a member and I try to strictly fly Continental to accumulate miles...so having either one of these cards I think would be beneficial. But I definitely don't want to apply again only to be denied.

I don't intend to apply (if I decide to) until probably sometime early next year as I need to get my utilization down from the Christmas shopping!

Anyone have these cards?  What score did you have when you applied?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Priority Rewards or Continental One Pass

The Continental One Pass I'd pass on because it's being changed to the United Airlines Mileage Explorer Plus in January.  I'd apply for that if you wanted the OPP card assuming the perks are still good for you.  I have no need for the Priority Rewards but if you use the program frequenty go for it.  It'd be helpful to know your FICO scores. You can get EQ and TU scores from this site, though the TU is the older TU98 and not the TU08 most creditors now use.  

Also, I applied for Chase OPP when I had around a 757 on EQ, though they pull EX. I assume my EX is +/- 10 points of that EQ scoare at least but that's just me. 

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.