cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Product Change: United Club to Ritz?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Product Change: United Club to Ritz?

I'd like to PC from the United Club to the new Ritz. Both have $450 annual fees, so do you know or think this is allowed as it'd be switching from one co-branded card to another? I've already paid my annual fee so I'm not trying to dodge it or anything like that.

I have plenty of United miles as is and never have much more than an hour to waste at the airport if I'm lucky plus the United lounges are typically way overcrowded. It's like being in an Apple Store at a department mall and not all that relaxing when you've got to lug your crap around trying to find an empty place to sit down and plug in. I'm not sure lounge access is worth that fee and I don't want want another hard inquiry.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Product Change: United Club to Ritz?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd like to PC from the United Club to the new Ritz. Both have $450 annual fees, so do you know or think this is allowed as it'd be switching from one co-branded card to another? I've already paid my annual fee so I'm not trying to dodge it or anything like that.

I have plenty of United miles as is and never have much more than an hour to waste at the airport if I'm lucky plus the United lounges are typically way overcrowded. It's like being in an Apple Store at a department mall and not all that relaxing when you've got to lug your crap around trying to find an empty place to sit down and plug in. I'm not sure lounge access is worth that fee and I don't want want another hard inquiry.

Extremely unlikely. You can't usually PC from branded to cobranded. You can occasionally PC from cobranded to branded (with some banks). But going from one cobrand to another is almost never going to be allowed because of contracts Chase (or any issuer) has with the cobrand.

Your only real option is going to be to open a new Ritz card and move the limit from the United if you wish. A direct PC won't be possible unfortunately.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the United lounges THAT bad? I was just thinking of apping for that card lol
Message 3 of 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

you can't PC co-branded cards with Chase. Sorry that you are not liking the United Club. I have the Club Card and fly out of Chicago Ohare a lot and they have a few clubs at that airport. Usually they are very busy in the afternoon and early evening. Luckily I usually fly out early and the place is dead. Its a good card if you like the lounge, but I can understand you frustration.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ You have club or standard United Mileage Plus Explorer card?
Message 5 of 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

I have both of them. Eventually one will be closed, just not sure which one. I like the United Club Card and it has a very large limit. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.