Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Product Change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Product Change

So I talked to Chase today about getting a CLI on my older card with them, limit is currently $200 and I've had it for almost 2 years. They told me that the card is not eligible for a cli and never will be, inquired about combining the card with my new card, not possible either because new card is visa and old card is master card. I didn't think about it earlier but I need to ask for a product change. My question is which card should I request to be changed to?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Product Change

codeman5022 wrote:
So I talked to Chase today about getting a CLI on my older card with them, limit is currently $200 and I've had it for almost 2 years. They told me that the card is not eligible for a cli and never will be, inquired about combining the card with my new card, not possible either because new card is visa and old card is master card. I didn't think about it earlier but I need to ask for a product change. My question is which card should I request to be changed to?

Card only has a 200 CL and can not go higher....what style of card is it?
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

its a chase platinum master card
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I guess a "platinum card" just ain't what it used to be... 

A MasterCard with a $200 CL is more like an "aluminum card"!  I say you PIF and close that account for good. 
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would much rather do a product change so that I can get into a card that will grow, just dont know which card I should ask to be changed to.
Message 5 of 14
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Some cards are not eligible for product change or CLI. I had a 49/500 secured card from CapOne few years ago. I could not do any change with the card. When I applied for a new card they gave me one with very generous credit limit. May be you should forget it the present chase card and move on. It served its purpose and helped you create new credit history. Now time to move on and get another card.
Message 6 of 14
sraz

I'm kind of stuck in the same boat, I have a $300 Platinum Mastercard as well. It has never seen a CLI since it was issued almost 3 years ago. I have tried 2 times to get them to raise the credit line, and it just keeps getting rejected. However, in the same time I was pre-approved for a Visa Platinum 4.5k 0% 15mo then 8.9%, and Freedom Visa 7k 0% 6mo then 8.9%

When I called to check the app status on the Freedom card, I asked the credit analyst if it was worth asking for a CLI on the old card, and he admitted he wouldn't try it. So I've about given up on the old card, just use it for paypal/ebay stuff where I wouldnt want to use a high limit card. Other than that, sock drawer.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I finally got some one on the phone that did some work for me. They reviewed the initial terms set out by the card and said that since I didn't meet certain criteria when I app'd for the card, they set the card to NEVER be eligible for a CLI and to NEVER be eligible for a product change. I'm very upset right now with Chase.

After hearing that, I asked the CSR "so why should I even keep this card anymore" she had no response. I don't know if I should close it or just keep it open since I have almost 2 years of history with it.

I was just approved for the platinum visa at a $1000 limit so that makes things a little bit better but it just erks me that I can never grow with my initial card. Oh and she also said that they cannot combine cards unless both cards have at least a $500 limit so that is not an option either!!! arrrgggghhh

Any advice?
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call again, and if you get the same response, ask to speak to a manager.  This should be your SOP when a CSR says "no" in almost every situation.  Often they do not have the authority to grant your request.  Good luck, and let us know what happens!
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

which number would be best to call for this situation? I think I'm just going to immediately ask for a manager.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.