Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Product Up Grade

tag
hotpoint
Regular Contributor

Chase Product Up Grade

Hello, I am a previous WU customer that was converted to Chase back n/08'. My acct. has always been close to the CL of $4200.00 for over two years, but always in good standing. Recently I've been gardening and have paid three of six CC off. Last week I called Chase to talk about a better product and the rep suggested an upgrade to the Slate card, and after hearing the advantages I bit and the card is on its way. The very next day I began reading about Freedom Card, and soon afterwards i called Chase, and was converted to the Freedom . . . No hard or soft pulls. And to my surprise the interest rate was decreased according to my profile on line. Although the rep said it wouldn't go down. Nice Upgrade with no pain. HotPoint
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Product Up Grade

Good move. And not to mention all of the cash you will save by paying down/off your credit card debt.

You end up with more cash in pocket, a better credit profile and cards and an interest rate reduction on any remaining balances to boot.

Pretty good day for you!
Message 2 of 5
BlueNightStar
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! I am in a similar situation with Chase old WAMU card. Waiting for my scores to get better and utilization to drop. I'm also kind of afraid to call, it's hard to get past my horrible credit background.

You are doing excellent on paying off your balances.

Message 3 of 5
hotpoint
Regular Contributor

Thanks to you both. To BlueNightStar, do not get disappointed. Enhancing is the purpose of visiting this site so keep your head up and remember this: All wounds heal except does that you pick at . . . HotPoint
Message 4 of 5
BlueNightStar
Regular Contributor

@hotpoint wrote:
Thanks to you both. To BlueNightStar, do not get disappointed. Enhancing is the purpose of visiting this site so keep your head up and remember this: All wounds heal except does that you pick at . . . HotPoint

I love the quote. Thanks for the encouragement. I am really impressed at your debt reduction.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.