Established Contributor
cobaltnv

Chase Product change

[ Edited ]

I am sure this has probably been answered on these boards somewhere, but I have not found it. I have a Chase platinum card with a $24k CL that I almost never use (no rewards). I was thinking about asking Chase to change my card to the Amazon Visa. 

Two questions. If they change my card will that replace my original tl on my credit reports? I get the 'too many accounts' negative on my cr and I would rather not add any additional accounts if possible. 

I assume they would do a soft pull of my credit as I am already a cardholder? 

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions, and advice would be greatly appreciated. These boards have been great. Of course I am now addicted to them, but I suppose there are worse vices.

Cheers 

Message Edited by cobaltnv on 11-27-2008 08:40 AM
TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Established Contributor
cartercorp

Re: Chase Product change

[ Edited ]
I product changed from the Chase Circuit City card a few months ago to the Chase Freedom Plus, It took about 3 mins to do and there was no soft or hard pull for me. Also yout TL will stay the same.
Message Edited by cartercorp on 11-27-2008 08:58 AM
Established Contributor
cobaltnv

Thanks for the info Cartercorp. Good call on the change form the circuit city card, not going to do you much good with them anymore :-).

Helpful Threads
Established Contributor
cobaltnv

Thanks wmarat. I figured there was some other posts on this topic. I guess I was searching for the Chase Amazon cc and not for a more general chase product change.

Cheers 

Helpful Threads

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+