Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Product change

tag
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Chase Product change

I am sure this has probably been answered on these boards somewhere, but I have not found it. I have a Chase platinum card with a $24k CL that I almost never use (no rewards). I was thinking about asking Chase to change my card to the Amazon Visa. 

Two questions. If they change my card will that replace my original tl on my credit reports? I get the 'too many accounts' negative on my cr and I would rather not add any additional accounts if possible. 

I assume they would do a soft pull of my credit as I am already a cardholder? 

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions, and advice would be greatly appreciated. These boards have been great. Of course I am now addicted to them, but I suppose there are worse vices.

Cheers 

Message Edited by cobaltnv on 11-27-2008 08:40 AM
TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Product change

I product changed from the Chase Circuit City card a few months ago to the Chase Freedom Plus, It took about 3 mins to do and there was no soft or hard pull for me. Also yout TL will stay the same.
Message Edited by cartercorp on 11-27-2008 08:58 AM
Message 2 of 5
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info Cartercorp. Good call on the change form the circuit city card, not going to do you much good with them anymore :-).

Helpful Threads
Message 3 of 5
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Thanks wmarat. I figured there was some other posts on this topic. I guess I was searching for the Chase Amazon cc and not for a more general chase product change.

Cheers 

Helpful Threads
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.