cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Pulled Ex two time...can I dispute?

tag
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Pulled Ex two time...can I dispute?

@samahok wrote:

Oh ok, I thought that there was something about pulls from the same lender only counting once if done within the 30 days...I guess its not that huge of a deal, I think I still only have 5 inquires on that report.

Thanks!

This is sort of true but not with credit cards. Multiple inquiries generated when rate-shopping for a mortgage, auto or student loan are consolidated by credit scoring models when done within a certain window of time. The FICO scoring model ignores mortgage, auto and student loan inquiries in the 30 days prior to scoring. Mortgage, auto and student loan inquiries older than 30 days are lumped as one inquiry whenever they fall within a 14-day span. Newer versions of the scoring model count the shopping period as any 45-day span. VantageScore lumps such inquiries that occur within a rolling 14-day window as one inquiry. I believe this is still the industry standard. 

Message 11 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Involver wrote:
Chase is known to pull multiple CRAs per app so it could have been worse.

+1  .. for me it would have been 4 HPs..lol

Message 12 of 13
vygotsky
Contributor

Any reason you got the slate istead of CSP with the freedom?

FICO 733 (Discover)
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.