cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Q3 5% Categories - "More" is Wholesale Clubs!!!

tag
delaney1
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Q3 5% Categories - "More" is Wholesale Clubs!!!

I'm reading on blogs that the 5% warehouse category will be in effect for the remainder of 2016, and there should be an announcement on Chase's website soon. 

Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there a list of the wholesale clubs that it works for?  BJs is the one I frequent, so this would be nice if it included BJs.

Wholesale Clubs***

Costco

BJ's

Sam's Club

Texas Jasmine

Purchases made through the checkout on the wholesale club merchants' website (EX. Costco.com, BJs.com, Samsclub.com)

Purchases made in-store at the front-end registers

Purchases made at the member services desk

Exclusions:

Gas and FuelWholesale Clubs specialty services such as travel, insurance, cell phone and home improvement.

Message 12 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

This is big.. Putting the hurt at least for 3 months on Citi's new costco card along with BofA 2% wholesale new thing.. Granted capped at $1500..  Good for Chase.

I think it was definitely a smart move on Chase's part.  10 days of swipes on Chase Visas at Costco didn't seem enough to satisfy the company on spend in my eyes.  102 (corrected from the original horrible math I did) days of swipes is a whole other matter.

Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@delaney1 wrote:

I'm reading on blogs that the 5% warehouse category will be in effect for the remainder of 2016, and there should be an announcement on Chase's website soon. 

Now THAT would be awesome!

Message 14 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

This is big.. Putting the hurt at least for 3 months on Citi's new costco card along with BofA 2% wholesale new thing.. Granted capped at $1500..  Good for Chase.

I guess not for me.  I'll hit the Chase $1500 max inside the first 30 days.  I need to look and see if I have the BOA deal.

Message 15 of 37
MJ-san
Frequent Contributor

Wow... Great preemptive attack by chase Smiley Happy wonder is Citi will have to offer a special promo? My freedom card is gonna gat a lot of use !

Message 16 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I guess not for me.  I'll hit the Chase $1500 max inside the first 30 days.  I need to look and see if I have the BOA deal.

If you have the BOA Cash Rewards, warehouse clubs are now automatically included in your 2%.

The Visa version can be used at COstco, but my MC version has to be held for Sam's.

Edited to clarify the difference in the Visa/MC versions of Cash Rewards.

Message 17 of 37
Cory
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I doubt that Citi would be hurt by a BofA customer or Chase customer using their own bank cards inside Costcos. Citi loses money inside Costco paying a rebate of 2%, and taking a loss. Citi wants you to use the Costco Anywhere Visa outside Costco. It is probably to the benefit of Citi that consumers use other credit cards inside Costco, and not the Anywhere Visa.

Message 18 of 37
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Good for Chase. Nice to see companies competing with one another.

Message 19 of 37
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Wow!  5% is awesome!  Love the competition.  95% of my grocery shopping is at Sam's Club & Costco...

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.