Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Question

tag
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Chase Question

I recently opened a Chase Amazon Visa Rewards card.  The first statement cut on 3/8 and shortly thereafter I got alerts that it had been added to my CR.  When the statement cut it had a small balance which I have PIF taking it to a 0 balance.   

Being a Chase card I know they will now report my zero balance.  That is all fine and dandy.

I have gotten a CK, Discover, EX and Credit Seasme alert that a new Chase account has again been added to my CR.   No new accounts are showing so my assumption is that when they updated to 0 balance it triggered the alert again.

Has anyone else had this happen with a new Chase card?

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Question

It’s not entirely clear what your asking.

When the chase card I have got added. They added it with a zero balance even though by then there was an account balance. About a week later. It was updated to show a balance. I never got an alert for any kind of balance change.

The alerts from credit karma regarding balances should be taken with a grain of salt. Sometimes I get emails about paying down a card, sometimes I don’t even though I’ve paid down a card. It’s pretty inconsistent. You can look at the credit score changes section when your app refreshes its weekly score but I’ve pulled my actual reports on the same day credit karma updated and things were different.

It’s a good monitoring service for being free but I don’t pay attention to the little details it shows like balances unless they are vastly different then what I was expecting.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.