Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Reallocation Call and...

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Chase Reallocation Call and...

Decided just now to call Chase to move CL from my pretty much useless Marriott (to me now) and put it on Amazon and AARP as I use extensively.

Asked to move $3k to AARP making it $7500 and

Move $1k to Amazon Visa making it $5500

leaving $5k on Marriott

She sounded like she did the AARP move and was "checking" something as I debating for a 2nd but then said yes just move the $1k to amazon leaving the $5k on Marriott...

she said so actually I need to get you to another department to process this and they are closed today, can you call back tomorrow to complete.

I said and what department is this? (I have helped my partner move CL's a couple times now and it's instant and with customer service so I instantly did an "oh no, what" outloud on the phone!)

she said "Lending"

I said... hmmm... ummm... so everything is the same and fine right now but I need to talk to lending if I want to move CL's?

she said yes.

I did check and as of right now I still show all my available credit and no blocks on any of my credit accounts but I think I will avoid that call unless something changes on my accounts!!!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Reallocation Call and...

I move credit lines/ relocate among my chase cards all the time. I do it with lending services, as they generally have to do a soft pull to make sure your in good standing
Message 2 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

That scares me that a 2nd look at someone conservative go "omg, 3 accounts in 3 months, what and how did this happen... Close!"
Message 3 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

CA,

When I reallocated CSP/Freedom last week they transferred me to Underwriting.  They advised they do a soft pull on CR (the CSR said it was hard pull), but it sounds right.

Message 4 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

So should I do it and not think crazy things... They are just making sure all is current
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

CA,

When I reallocated CSP/Freedom last week they transferred me to Underwriting.  They advised they do a soft pull on CR (the CSR said it was hard pull), but it sounds right.

Interesting..

Message 6 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:
So should I do it and not think crazy things... They are just making sure all is current

That's your call.  After GTE I'm not telling you what to do anymore Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Haha Smiley Happy
That worked out better than most, he removed the hp on his suggestion! I still have a double pull for Bloomingdales but of course it is EQ and they don't do legal!
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
Haha Smiley Happy
That worked out better than most, he removed the hp on his suggestion! I still have a double pull for Bloomingdales but of course it is EQ and they don't do legal!

Wait what? They HP'd you?

Message 9 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Gte? Yes and denied me for to many Inq on Chex systems.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.