Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Recon!! After BK..

tag
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

Chase Recon!! After BK..

All,

I have a 4 year old BK on file...applied fo Chase Freedom and was denied. Called and did a recon and was approved for $3500 (interest rate is attrocious).

Will Chase do a CLI at activation?

Phumanr

EQ: 673; TU: 703; EX: 708
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Recon!! After BK..

Can't answer your question regarding Chase because I'm not familiar with Chase, but Congrats on the Recon!!!  Persistence pays off!!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow..  what did they ask you???
Message 3 of 12
nicemann
Established Contributor

I did not file bankruptcy but about seven years ago I had a CC charge off with Chase (as well as a few other companies).  I was young and did not care about my credit.  I did not pay the cards (yeah I know better now).  Charge off was for about $2000.  About a week ago I figured what the heck and applied for the chase freedom card online.  Got the 30 day response.  I knew it was going to be a denial so I called them about about two days later.   Below is how the phone call went. 

She said I was turned down because of three reasons.  First because I opened four new credit cards lately.  I told her I currently bank at BoA and they offered those to me.  Second I have two collections showing on my account.  I explained to her I am investigating those now, they are medical.  She then said the one I was dreading.  Well back in 2002 I show you have a charge off of $2,000 on a Chase CC.  (My mouth just about dropped).  Of course I said I don't remember those but I had problems when I was younger with my credit.  She said that's ok she understands.  That she would approve me for a $3,000 CC and would have it out in the mail within 7 days.  I wanted to jump out of my sit right then and dance.  Yes I do have $22,000 in CCs with BoA but my credit has gotten so much better even Chase with a chargeoff is willing to give me another chance.

I appreciate the second chance from Chase.  I am going to stop applying for credit now and just garden my current ones.
Message 4 of 12
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

phumanr-
i like you have a 4 yr old bk..what did you say to them when you called for a recon?  i never know really waht to say..your help is appreciated!! and congrats!
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 5 of 12
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Recon!! After BK..Part 2!!

All,

I am really loving Chase at this point...they have approved my 2nd recon for the Marriott Rewards Visa..$5K.

They asked me questions about my BK, went through my credit profile, income, savings, etc. They wanted to ensure that I have a clean history from the BK as well as handled my credit limits wisely....I am at 11% debt on my credit cards.

Phumanr
Message 6 of 12
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

so you called and talked to them? did you call the regular # or a different number? and they just asked you questions about stuff you didnt say much to them?
Message 7 of 12
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

Hi Bamagirl,

I called the recon number....1-888-245-0625, I believe. They will ask you a series of questions...reason for BK, any accounts unpaid, etc. They will ask you why Chase...I told them I wanted a prime card, a card to grow with, and interested in the rewards program for personal and travel. They seemed really pleasant and as long as the file looked good from the BK, seems like they will approve the recon,

Phumanr
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE Chase ,I did a recon over the phone Rep. asked about why? didnt I have any credit cards I said I havent applied for any and I need a few credit accounts? I want to show that I can be responsible w/credit and I only have a carloan w no late payments for a year now i need a card? and credit mixture so that in the future I can obtain a home loan!  Then whala she said let me verify my job address and telephone # and Bam I got the BP Visa Credit card! CL 600 anything to help w/ my F250(yr05") gas prices she said I hope this helps! Have a wonderful day I was like yeaaaa yea!Baby Now thats 3 Approvals in a week!(only one with chase till xmas ) my apply button is asleep...zzzzzzzzzzzz
Message 9 of 12
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

thanks phumanr and msanderson..

also phumanr did you call the recon # once you got the letter in the mail or did you apply online and then call after you were denied online??

thanks for all your info! it's definately a learning tool i appreciate it !
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.