Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Recon ... At Branch

tag
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

Chase Recon ... At Branch

Anyone ever try doing a recon for a Chase CC with a branch rep/mgr? One could use promise of opening a new checking/savings acct.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Recon ... At Branch

I've tried to branches in my area waste of time imo. Both times they tried to do brance recon with no success and both times I ended up getting what I wanted on my own through 2-3 recons or Chase executive office.

Message 2 of 14
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

People at branch have no authority over credit card application. When you apply at branch they basically type in your information and let the computer decide. You won't get anywhere with branch recon.

Message 3 of 14
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Yea all they do in my experience is call the same number we call and hand the phone over to you after identifying you and themselves worthless imo. When I apped for a freedom they denied me and the bank employee told me she would call for a recon and then they still denied it. So I left and called the backdoor number myself and then I got it. When I came back and told the bank emplyoee they were shocked and seemed more interested in getting "credit" for the app. :/

Message 4 of 14
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

Thank you guys for the info. I reconned thru backdoor number twice, both denied due to a Chase account back in 2002 that ended as CO for $1400. Completely forgot about that when I apped. CO is not on my reports. FICO scores north of 730, I have two revolving TL each $10k or more. Oldest acct 12 yrs, AAoA 6 years. Really thought I had this one. Wondering if a 3rd call to recon or exec office would result in better outcome.
Message 5 of 14
bribro
Valued Contributor

Chase branch managers do have some pull when it comes to "endorsing" credit card applications, but it usually requires some kind of relationship/rapport and the general policy is that you must have $10k in a Chase deposit account.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 6 of 14
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Whereis750 wrote:
Thank you guys for the info. I reconned thru backdoor number twice, both denied due to a Chase account back in 2002 that ended as CO for $1400. Completely forgot about that when I apped. CO is not on my reports. FICO scores north of 730, I have two revolving TL each $10k or more. Oldest acct 12 yrs, AAoA 6 years. Really thought I had this one. Wondering if a 3rd call to recon or exec office would result in better outcome.

It sounds like you're blacklisted. While some people have been able to get back in after 10 yrs, others have not. If you really want a Chase card, you probably need to pay the CO.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 7 of 14
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

I think you're right - sounds like a blacklist denial to me.  I offered to send in the $1400 but the credit analyst said they already wrote the debt off.  My DW may apply for a CSP, if so, I'll hitch a ride and get the card via AU. 

Message 8 of 14
learnin113
Established Contributor

@Whereis750 wrote:

Chase is notorious for blacklisting.  Good luck.

Message 9 of 14
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

Not going to believe this ... called backdoor recon for the third time in two days (last two reps denied recon due to Chase CO) and pleasant lady finally APPROVED Sapphire app, starting CL $5000. When she brought up the CO I said yeah that was a long time ago when I was a freshman in college but I'm in a much different financial place in my life now. Told her I chose to app for Sapphire over the Amex Gold. So happy right now -- thought it was going to be a wasted inq. And to think I wasn't going to try recon again!

Dont ever give up! Be polite and call back for a diff rep. Find one willing to understand and help.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.