cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Recon Dept ...Is this Normal Recon Procedure ?

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Chase Recon Dept ...Is this Normal Recon Procedure ?

I applied online today for Chase Freedom and then called the recon number the guy answewred and I gave him my ss # and he said it got declined and told me it was because of my bk and he said can you tell me about that...I told him all about it. and then he put me on hold and came back and said I opened 14 accounts since 2009 and did a great job of reestablishment and he was going to reccomend I get approved, but he said it had to go to a supr for final approval with his reccomendation.

Has anyone had this happen and get a decline after a credit analyst on the front end suggested an approval ?

Do you think my chances of approval are good ?

Thank you

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Recon Dept ...Is this Normal Recon Procedure ?

Anyone have any ideas why they had to refrer to a SUPR and is this normal in the recon process ?

Message 2 of 11
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

When I applied for my freedom card, I was denied. I was able to recon and they approved me for $500. I mentioned that I was looking more for a $1k limit on this card, but he told me that it would have to be further reviewed by a super so I declined. I probably should have just let them do it, but I was afraid they would HP me again.

I would say you're probably ok though. Good luck!

QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 3 of 11
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Did your analyst approve your recon on the phone while you were on the phone?  Mine had to refer to a supr with his reccomendation for approval based on what he saw...sounds a little odd to me

Message 4 of 11
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

It's normal if your credit is so-so and are on either side of being approved or denied. The analyst just moves the app along with his approval but ultimately comes down to the person above him. They usually get approved but someitmes they don't.

Message 5 of 11
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

I applied online today for Chase Freedom and then called the recon number the guy answewred and I gave him my ss # and he said it got declined and told me it was because of my bk and he said can you tell me about that...I told him all about it. and then he put me on hold and came back and said I opened 14 accounts since 2009 and did a great job of reestablishment and he was going to reccomend I get approved, but he said it had to go to a supr for final approval with his reccomendation.

Has anyone had this happen and get a decline after a credit analyst on the front end suggested an approval ?

Thank you

Im guessing you will be approved.

Keep us posted!

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 6 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

Thank you

I'd say APPROVED 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Andy77 wrote:

Thank you

I'd say APPROVED 

+1

Message 8 of 11
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I had mine declined for a BK and then they asked similar questions.  I was then approved for $5K.  I called yesterday at 6 month mark after being declined for CLI and ask simliar questions again and was approved for $5K CLI to $10K.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 9 of 11
sjt
Senior Contributor

Question for you and @Andy77, How old was your BK when you applied for Chase and were they included in your BK?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.