Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Recon Success!

tag
Petraeus
Contributor

Chase Recon Success!

I am incredibly grateful for the awesome advice given from the members of this forum.

I was recently declined on a  Amazon Chase VISA app due to recent INQs (app spree), but my credit was still overall, in great shape. After reading all sorts of successful recon calls I decided to backdoor chase and explain my situation regarding the INQs (new accounts needed to take advantage of the 0% apr etc etc). Sold them on the fact that I was only at 15% UTL and the purpose for the card was to earn points for the holiday season and presto, after a few minutes I was approved based on the same declined HP CR and was given a 4K credit line. I would have never known to recon without this forum.  If you ever get declined and feel you have a strong enough case and a solid CR (even with a few extra INQs on it), go for the recon! It works!!!

FICO® Avg: 732 (11/2013)
Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Current Overall CL: $139K | UTL: 18% | AAoA 3yrs | Gardening since 11/26/2013
Future CC: Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature®
Future CLI: AmEX BCE 2/2014 | Fico goal: 760+
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: MyFico Forum Gratitude

Message 2 of 4
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

My amazon Chase card was also approved after recon. Congrats on approval.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 3 of 4
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Nice Recon! Congratulations on your new card!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.