Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Recon

USC08 - I  used the number that you have above.

AlishaR - I called twice.  The first time I called I just asked if that $1500 was the highest initial credit limit that they could grant and the CSR said yes and just basically brushed me off.  The second time I called, I made sure to sound really dissappointed by that CL and asked her if it was possible for me to get a higher initial CL with Chase because I wanted to make it my "everyday" card and $1500 was not enough to do so without paying it 4 or 5 times a month.  She put me on hold, asked me about the other cards I had just applied for, and said that she could give me $5000.  Since it did actually become my "everyday" card, I really hope they show me some auto-luv on its birthday.
Message 41 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure she didn't do a hard pull? I'm going to call and say about what you said. I think every cc I have, I've said "I want you to be my everyday card" at least once or twice Smiley Wink -its only been 4 days since i've apped but I'm impatient! I want it now
Message 42 of 68
biturbomunkie
New Contributor

thx for posting the number! i called and an imposing (but polite) lady asked for my SSN to pull up my record... thank god our conversation didn't go beyond that! i got transfered to another department, which was supposed to verify my identity (i still don't know what issues they had, especially i was approved for other CCs who pulled EX also during my app spree). in any case, the whole call was less than 7 mins, and the gentleman who verified my identity was very pleasant.

thx to this thread, the inquiry didn't go wasted. i was gonna let it go since chase's card designs are pretty horrid! i like their student card's elegant design but it doesn't have 0% BT. =(
Message 43 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really really really want the Chase SW Sig. Visa cause it looks like it would be a lot of use for me. Only problem is I'm waiting to get a mortgage next April/May. If I apply now, will it hurt me if I have an account that opened less than a year ago? I was going to wait, but I'm seeing people with scores like mine getting the card. Thoughts?

Karen
Message 44 of 68
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I really really really want the Chase SW Sig. Visa cause it looks like it would be a lot of use for me. Only problem is I'm waiting to get a mortgage next April/May. If I apply now, will it hurt me if I have an account that opened less than a year ago? I was going to wait, but I'm seeing people with scores like mine getting the card. Thoughts?
Karen

If only scores alone were a good indicator of success in apping! They also look at your full report, and there might be some specific factor(s) in your history that they wouldn't like.

Putting aside app itch ( Smiley Wink ), what are your reports telling you that you need to do? In other words, when you look on screen 2 of all three myFICO score reports, what are the positives and negatives (EQ and TU) and negatives (EX) listed for your reports?

The negatives are listed in the order of what's hurting your score, the most damaging at number one and so forth. Do you have any negatives for insufficient revolving credit?

And then I'd flip over to the simulators for your specific EQ and TU reports. If you ignore the best case scenario and slide down to the bottom of the screen, there are options for what happens if you get new credit. Try putting in getting a new CC with a $1000 limit, and see if that helps, hurts, or has no effect.

The sims get a bit shaky in projecting score change after getting new credit, but it will give you an idea.

Remember that mortgage lenders have finally learned from their mistakes, and they've gotten very, very cautious with those who have less than great credit. And if your scores are still pretty low, but you've been trying for new credit, that might send up some real alarms for them.

Since you're battling upwards from scores in the 500's (per your siggy), and you're trying for a mortgage in less than a year, I'd hold off on the Chase, keeping it as a future reward, and keep doing your clean-up, unless you get a really, really clear indication on your reports that a card would help. Keep telling yourself, a house is better than a card, a house is better than a card....
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 45 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

biturbomunkie - so I take it you got the card? What's the cl and your current scores, if you don't mind Smiley Happy
Message 46 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hauling, you've got a good point. I will wait. Thanks!
Message 47 of 68
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

HURRAY!!!! I am SOOOOOO EXCITED!

I applied for a Chase Freedom Rewards card on Sunday...  Got a message that I would receive something in the mail, Well I called on MOnday, spoke to a guy and he said I was denied because of the 2 CO's (both from Crap1)  that I had... Well needless to say I was totally bummed!

After re-reading this thread, I thought it couldn't hurt to call again and ask... I mean they already pulled my CR, I took the hit there, might as well see if they will change their minds...  And THEY DID! The woman was so nice, she asked me about the 2 CO's (I had been laid off then had to have emergency surgery so I was out of work for like 2 months) Talked about how I have positively managed my credit over the last 1.5 years, no lates on my car loan, or credit cards etc last 2 years, paid off all the CO's. I also mentioned how I pay my current CC's twice a month so I can use them daily and I am looking for a card to be my primary card for daily stuff that I can pay off each month etc etc ... Asked me about my major (I am in grad school) when I will graduate etc etc...  Then approved me for $4000!!!!

Thanks so much for the advice on calling back... I would have never done it without all the successes on here!Smiley Very Happy

Bridget
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 48 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Bridget!!!

It's threads like this one that make the MyFICO website so great. I would have NEVER known that there was even such a thing as a recon number.
Message 49 of 68
biturbomunkie
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
biturbomunkie - so I take it you got the card? What's the cl and your current scores, if you don't mind Smiley Happy

sure, AlishaR. chase pulled EX but i'm too cheap to buy my EX/TU scores... my EQ is 735, with two 30-day lates on my previous auto loan in late '03 (chase never asked about the derogs). i didn't ask what IR/CL i got since the verification guy said the credit department would finalize the approval and i'd get my card in a week. but when i applied i put $10k for CL and $3k for BT.

not sure if it'd make any difference - i applied for the basic platinum visa w/ 12 mos 0% BT.

good luck! =)

Message Edited by biturbomunkie on 07-09-2008 01:11 PM
Message 50 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.