Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Recon

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Recon

wait till tuesday and call the executive office in IL the number can be found in the backdoor numbers in the sticky here. how did they give you their in house score? which cr did they pull tu or ex? ive never known their score to be so different than the ones you can purchase here. if you got approved for the saphire then why wouldnt you get approved for the freedom?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 11 of 16
miyasohot1
Established Member

I app the freedom along with the sapphire the same day,but when i recon i decided i would try the sapphire first. then if i were approeved and after I had the card i would then call back and recon the freedom. I callde the lending department the number was given to me by the ask chase center. I told them about my experience with chase and why I would like the freedom card and that I was denied not because my credit is bad,but because of inquires. She contacted someone in the lending deparment then message me back the phone number to contact.

Message 12 of 16
miyasohot1
Established Member

and the my Chase pull was Equifax. I pulled my fico and it said 697 may 21.

Message 13 of 16
trappedatuf

Denial because of bankruptcy on records but I got CHASE RECON to approve me!

I just want to say THANK YOU Smiley Happy for such a great resource and for all of your posts! I applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card based on the comments on the board and I was denied. It was odd because I was just approved for an AmEx Platinum but denied for this? Anyway, I waited for the letter to arrive and their reason for denial was "A bankruptcy appears on your credit report".

I figured "oh well" but looked through the boards a little more and then found the phone number to the RECON department (888-245-0625) and decided to give it a try based on what people wrote for other denials from Chase. The first operator told me there was nothing they could do because they don't accept people with previous bankruptcies that show on their reports. I let her know that it was a little over 7 years ago and insisted to speak with a supervisor. She even told me they would probably say what she said but I decided to try anyway and it PAID OFF!!! The supervisor was great and after asking me several more personal questions I was approved for a $10k credit line with CSP!

Awesome and just wanted to post on here to help anyone in the future that might be in my position! Persistance paid off in this case.

Message 14 of 16
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Re: Denial because of bankruptcy on records but I got CHASE RECON to approve me!

@trappedatuf wrote:

I just want to say THANK YOU Smiley Happy for such a great resource and for all of your posts! I applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card based on the comments on the board and I was denied. It was odd because I was just approved for an AmEx Platinum but denied for this? Anyway, I waited for the letter to arrive and their reason for denial was "A bankruptcy appears on your credit report".

I figured "oh well" but looked through the boards a little more and then found the phone number to the RECON department (888-245-0625) and decided to give it a try based on what people wrote for other denials from Chase. The first operator told me there was nothing they could do because they don't accept people with previous bankruptcies that show on their reports. I let her know that it was a little over 7 years ago and insisted to speak with a supervisor. She even told me they would probably say what she said but I decided to try anyway and it PAID OFF!!! The supervisor was great and after asking me several more personal questions I was approved for a $10k credit line with CSP!

Awesome and just wanted to post on here to help anyone in the future that might be in my position! Persistance paid off in this case.

Thats awesome. Yea I applied for the CSP also the first person I talked too got pretty rude at me as if it was out of the question for me to get one just because of the BK. She wouldn't listen or factor in the facts of my high bank balance or my paid off chase auto loan or my great usage and pay off of my INK card. Just pointed out the BK. So I hung up and called the exec office they seemed much more willing to help I'll find out tomorrow hopefully. If they still want to site the BK as the reason I'll just move my $$$ to NFCU who just gave me their Flaship Visa Siggy and a $32k Autoloan. Seems they would appreciate my business more.

Message 15 of 16
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Denial because of bankruptcy on records but I got CHASE RECON to approve me!

Congrats

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.