Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Recon

tag
chris4434
Established Member

Re: Chase Recon

>Recon with Chase worked for me yesterday. I applied for the freedom card and got the 7-10 day message. I called the backdoor number listed on here and the first lady I talked to said it was a decline and that they made the correct decision because my credit history was so short. I hung up the phone, called right back, and the 2nd rep I talked to immediately approved me for a $2000 CL without even asking me any questions.

Message Edited by chris4434 on 08-02-2008 08:12 PM
Message 61 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!!
Message 62 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an offer for the Chase Visa Signature card, I applied and was denied. I got the letter back stating my credit report reflects charge offs (from 2001, due to drop off in Jan 04..which I paid in full), and a judgment (which was a tax lein, that was released in 2003). I thnk I will try the recon number after reading this thread..maybe there is hope. I'm so nervous though..I never called to ask for a recon! I'll let ya know!
Message 63 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok...I called and the guy asked me a ton of questions and then said that he would put my application through for reconsideration. Does that mean it was denied since he didn't give me an approval over the phone? I bet he could tell how nervous I was because my voice was shaking the whole time! Now I'm really on edge because I didn't get an instant decison. What does that mean?
Message 64 of 68
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

I'm in the same boat.  I just had a very nice lady on the phone, and in no way did I sell myself as I should have.  So, I got the "I'll put the app back through" message as well.  Oh well, we'll see.
Message 65 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

RE: Chase Freedom card (not Freedom Plus - - -wasn't available online) 

Just applied online today, 680TU, 683Exp, 696 Equifax, and one $150 paid collection from 2005. Was instantly accepted online. Called 888.245.0625 and was told $2400 is initial limit, can't change it until I activate the card and was encouraged to go through 1 billing cycle before calling for limit increase.

Thanks for all the help here board members! It's here that I researched which card to apply for.

Message 66 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

RE: Chase Freedom card (not Freedom Plus - - -wasn't available online) 

Just applied online today, 680TU, 683Exp, 696 Equifax, and one $150 paid collection from 2005. Was instantly accepted online. Called 888.245.0625 and was told $2400 is initial limit, can't change it until I activate the card and was encouraged to go through 1 billing cycle before calling for limit increase.

Thanks for all the help here board members! It's here that I researched which card to apply for.

I love this card and the Plus version should be available online. If you want to switch it to the Plus, you can always give them a call and do so. It's worth the 30 AF and they waived mine since I am a checking/savings account customer.  I just got my first rewards check last week for $250. Took them less than a week to get it to me too. Smiley Happy
Message 67 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an auto loan with Chase, never late. I got it back in April with a 652-ish. Today my scores are EX 694 EQ 714 TU 716. 3 inq on EX (last 1 year), 0 inq on TU, and 0 INQ EQ. I have 1 unpaid CA for $523 on all three, 1 unpaid CA for $700 on TU (wa-mu). They are old, drop this year. Also an old repo that drops this year. Opened 5 new accounts in august. They should be right at the 6 month old mark. I would like to get a new card to toss out credit one bank. What do you think are my chances? I live in Texas, so I am wondering what they will pull. I wonder if having a current auto loan with them would help any? I was thinking about the freedom card, but the top of the app said "you sould be able to answer yes to these questions" and one of the questions askes if your report is clear of all major delinq.

Message 68 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.