Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Recon

tag
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Chase Recon

Should I recon Chase again? They were very willing to listen to an explanation of my debts but ultimately declined my app. They said its good for 30 days. Three debts were pointed out in particular. I can take care of two relatively quickly but the third is a dousy.

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Recon

@fixmycred14 wrote:

Should I recon Chase again? They were very willing to listen to an explanation of my debts but ultimately declined my app. They said its good for 30 days. Three debts were pointed out in particular. I can take care of two relatively quickly but the third is a dousy.

If you can clear up the debts and have them report to CB's in less than 30 days sure RECON but in all honesty that timeframe is hard to make IMHO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 20
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Hi myjourney --

Don't scold me lol! I didn't listen to you and now I'm so sad I was declined. Smiley Sad

I know I know...they are quick to report but not update/delete. Two are small and I've offered PFD to no avail. I don't want to give up and just pay but I'm growing tired everyday of the games. These people seem to get a thrill from holding me financially hostage. The third is virtually impossible. It's a nearly 7 yr old repo. Just my luck... they pulled the one and only report that has the CA on it. Sigh...I really want a prime card to garden.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 3 of 20
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I'm pretty sure they would have to do another HP to verify that your debts had been cleaned up. There still would be know guarantee of approval. I may be wrong and they would do a soft pull but I doubt it. Good Luck on what ever you decide.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@fixmycred14 wrote:

Hi myjourney --

Don't scold me lol! I didn't listen to you and now I'm so sad I was declined. Smiley Sad

I know I know...they are quick to report but not update/delete. Two are small and I've offered PFD to no avail. I don't want to give up and just pay but I'm growing tired everyday of the games. These people seem to get a thrill from holding me financially hostage. The third is virtually impossible. It's a nearly 7 yr old repo. Just my luck... they pulled the one and only report that has the CA on it. Sigh...I really want a prime card to garden.

Won't scold only support promise 

You made me laugh to (financial hostage) ROFLOL

We all make mistakes sometimes and jump to early I'm guilty as well.

The best thing to do and sometimes the hardest is to clear up everything before making another attempt.

Chances of them doing two things is almost certain 

1) another HP

2) pulling from the same CB

So here's where you choice comes in....

On the up side if you spend a little more time and fix what you can to the best of your abilities then you'll look better in there eyes.

Not to mention anything you can remove or show as paid will help turn CR's more positive 

But I have to be honest and you know itSmiley Sad If you try and things haven't updated you wasted another HP...A HP you'll need for that prime down the road 

Prime is coming your way just make sure you don't rush it and lose the possibility of a second prime while your at it Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 20
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Thanks for being nice! lol

Sigh...well truth be told I wasted several HPs. Discover & Chase (today), TJX (Sept), NFCU (Aug)

Cap 1 secured (yesterday) & BoA secured (today) pending...

I haven't had any HPs for about 3-4 years up until now.

Message 6 of 20
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

I'm pretty sure they would have to do another HP to verify that your debts had been cleaned up. There still would be know guarantee of approval. I may be wrong and they would do a soft pull but I doubt it. Good Luck on what ever you decide.

It would be a new hard inquiry. There's no sense in rushing. I would just wait a while and apply when you're in a better position.

Message 7 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@fixmycred14 wrote:

Thanks for being nice! lol

Sigh...well truth be told I wasted several HPs. Discover & Chase (today), TJX (Sept), NFCU (Aug)

Cap 1 secured (yesterday) & BoA secured (today) pending...

I haven't had any HPs for about 3-4 years up until now.

Check into the garden you and I will be joined at the hip until we get you a prime or 2

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 8 of 20
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

ooooookkkkkay! Smiley Sad Sigh...no more app's for me. How much of a score drop can I expect? Cap 1 appeared w/in 24 hours no score change yet.

Now, I need Cap1 or BOA or both to come thru as second and/or third cards. Why does BOA request your banking info and deposit amount before you are approved?

Message 9 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@fixmycred14 wrote:

ooooookkkkkay! Smiley Sad Sigh...no more app's for me. How much of a score drop can I expect? Cap 1 appeared w/in 24 hours no score change yet.

Now, I need Cap1 or BOA or both to come thru as second and/or third cards. Why does BOA request your banking info and deposit amount before you are approved?

Score drop could be between 3-5 points per INQ but will recover within 4-6 in most cases YMMV 

BofA needs to know you have a way to pay and were the deposit is coming from watch you account for a withdrawal ....if its withdrawn your approved

so lets hope they come thur after checking info 

CAP1 still may come thur my finger are crossed for you for sure 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.