Regular Contributor
damet

Chase Recon

I was just declined for the Chase Freedom card due to too many inqs, but my scores are about 700. I am planning on calling them for a recon. Any suggestions on what to say? Like how would I explain the inqs and how other lines do you guys use to get them to recon your app. Any suggestions is appreciated. Thanks.
Contributor
settleordelete

Re: Chase Recon

Do you have a savings or checking account with them?

Regular Contributor
damet

no :smileysad:
New Contributor
billsfan14

I hear Chase is pretty easy with recons!  Tell them that you spent a lot of time comparing banks, and with the current economic situation, you fell Chase is best bank to be with for the future.  Tell them you want this to be your primary card, due to it's great rewards.  Also, if you have good payment history mention it.

Just curious, how many INQs do you have and what agency did they pull?  I'm thinking about applying for a Freedom but was just approved for a PerfectCard and don't want to push my luck with Chase too much.

Make sure to check the backdoor number thread!

Jake 

2/21 - TU 637 EQ 643
3/21 - TU 691 EQ 711

Frequent Contributor
Woolfman

I would also like to hear some suggestions on how to go about talking to them about reconsidering my app :smileyhappy:

So far with billfan14's advice . Prop them up and suck up to them! hehe  

Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 761 From 12/11/2013
Goal Score: 800

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+