Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Recons, do they really work?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Recons, do they really work?

Oh mine took a day...
I called some other number the Credit Analyst gave me. I wish I had jotted it down for the forum !
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 21 of 28
mrfarias
Established Member

I just called the Auto # ( 888 - 338 - 2586 )  and it says I was approved !! I called to find my CL and I was approved for $2500 I am happy to get my foot in and I will work my way up ^ for CLI in the future thanks everyone for all the help ..

24 years old..

[ Chase Freedom - $2,500 l Capital One Secured - $300 l Capital One Platinum - $750 l Discover IT - $1,200 l Express NEXT - $900 ]

TU Score: +722 as of 04/11/13
EX Score: +666 as of 04/11/13
[2013 Goals: To be a homeowner, Get AMEX BCE, Cancel Cap1's]
Message 22 of 28
mrfarias
Established Member

Just called chase again and they are having that badboy rushed to me Smiley Very Happy

24 years old..

[ Chase Freedom - $2,500 l Capital One Secured - $300 l Capital One Platinum - $750 l Discover IT - $1,200 l Express NEXT - $900 ]

TU Score: +722 as of 04/11/13
EX Score: +666 as of 04/11/13
[2013 Goals: To be a homeowner, Get AMEX BCE, Cancel Cap1's]
Message 23 of 28

They sure do. I have the Chase Amazon card. Initial CL was $400 I requested a CLI of 4000 through online message. Agent responded declined, I immediately called the backdoor number and the agent verified some AU cards that I had and said that since I had a good payment history he would match me to my highest card that I had and he upped my limit to $2500. Overall very happy that I reconned.

USAA EX 640 TU 667 EQ 667
Message 24 of 28
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

It worked for me when I got my normal Chase Sapphire before the Preferred.

And it doesn't really matter who it worked or didn't work for you should always RECON! Smiley Wink

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 25 of 28
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

+1, always recon. I just got an unexpected approval for the Barclays Rewards MC! 2% cash back on utilities, gas, and groceries ALL THE TIME! When I applied Friday, I got the 30 day message. Everyone here told to call the recon line ASAP. I called this morning and found out the computer denied me. But the Rep immediately proceeded to say that she wanted to ask me some questions to see if she could approve me. I answered them and APPROVED for $2500! Always recon!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 26 of 28
Nezzy

My apologies for not updating sooner, but I'm happy to report I got approved. It took awhile but finally got the good news about two weeks ago, thank you all for the response. Smiley Happy

Starting 4/2013 score: Equifax Fico:672 Trans Union: 690
Message 27 of 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Nezzy wrote:

Hello, this is my first time writing on this forum and I have a question in regards to Chase recons and past experiences. I applied online  for a Chase Freedom and was given the "pending further review," I immediately called one of the numbers that I found on goggle that are considered back door numbers, and spoke to a nice lady. I asked the reason for the denial or if more information was needed. The nice lady gladly looked into my application and told me I was denied. She then asked me a few questions and placed me on hold several times, she finally asked me about a baddie in the amt of $188.00, that I'm pretty sure I took care of a long time ago. I let her know that and she continued to ask more questions, I was already bummed and then finally the conversation ended with me needing to supply my license for address verification. At no time did she say yes or no, all that was told is that I will receive a letter within 5 days with information on where to fax my license. Is this a good sign or not? I'm a little confused and consider myself a credit newbie any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks Smiley Happy

Welcome to the forum 

No matter what always always always RECON

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.