cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Reconsideration - 4th or 5th Attempt finally got approved.

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Reconsideration - 4th or 5th Attempt finally got approved.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks REV for editing, I was hoping to go back and edit but could not so I am really grateful you did it for me Smiley Happy

No problem at all Blas.

There should be a selection under Options / Edit Reply (or something similar) assuming you're on the full site; if you're using the mobile site I don't think that feature is there from my own experiences.

        
Message 11 of 24
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I have been reading alot of inspirational and hope stories here on the board about credit card denials and reconsideration and what really helped me was the discussion on backdoor numbers.  After having gone through Ch13 in 2008 and finally discharged after payment plans completed in 2011, I have not really worked with the credit bureaus to dispute the incorrect reporting due to the tedious paperwork, etc.

Anyway, I really wanted a card from Chase and came across the Zappos Visa, I applied online, was denied and sent a letter via PlanetFeedback asking for reconsideration.  The reconsideration from Executive was not approved because at the same time I called the Chase recon line and explained myself to the female rep and was denied. She told me she needed to see more re-establishment and to try back maybe in a year or so but no guarantees. 

I called a week later and was denied again after having explained myself to the rep on why there is a BK, etc., then I went back to the forums and scoured to see if there was such a thing as calling Chase recon numerous times because I did not want to look so desperate, so I tried again on my 3rd attempt and the same thing....denied, need to see more re-establishment with creditors...Tried a 4th time and this time they said, I think you tried calling a few days ago, so that was not successful.

Finally today I decided to try one last time and I heard the voice of this lady at the other end and she sounded like a sweet lady that may listen to my explanation, and then she kept saying..."hello, hello is there anyone on the line" as if she could not hear me, so she hung up. I almost gave up because I thought it was a sign that I should just stop calling. But, I called right back and got a nice gentleman who listened to me explain myself without even him asking me to explain... I already knew the drill, then he sounded like he could feel my compassion to rebuild my credit and told me he was going to put me on hold....I was already telling myself to get ready for the lecture and denial, but when he came on, he said, " I see that you are attempting to reestablish yourself so I recommend to approve you for $1000.00, you will need to call 1-800-278-8830 first thing in the morning to complete the processing and you should receive your card in 5 days. OMG!! I did not give up, I had conviction and faith and you guys in this forum are right, "just keep trying and believe.". Thanks so much for the discussion on this board. Smiley Happy

-- Excellent story, small editing to make it easier to read than one big paragraph --Rev

Congrats!  It took me 4 times to recon with Chase to get approved for my Freedom.  Smiley Happy

09/2013: TU FICO 692, EQ FICO 698, EX PLUS 709. No apps until December 2014!
Freedom: $1500 Cap1 Plat: $2000 Cap1 Cash: $1500 Barclays: $4000 Walmart: $2700 GE Luxury: $4800 Jared: $1500 Davids Bridal: $1500
Message 12 of 24
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  You are definately the most persistant person I've met!  I would have given up after they said, "hey didn't you already call?"

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 24
jllunas
Contributor

Wow Thats great! I would of gave up the first phone but to do it five times? That's determination. That's good to hear. Congrats!

Transunion 698
Equifax 713
Experian 700
Goal Score 750
HWLBA
Message 14 of 24
desie25
Valued Member

That is great news and gives me hope

Starting Score: 522
Current Score: 625
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 24
chasmith
Valued Contributor

This is a great story and congratulations.

It also shows how BK sensitive Chase is.  You're more than four years past filing a Chapter 13 and were able to get a recon with great persistence.  It reinforces my feeling that even though I covet their Marriott Rewards card (and get monthly solicitations), I wouldn't stand a chance.  I did look at the application and right at the top they ask you to check a box stating no BK, which tells me they don't want applications from folks with a BK.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 24
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Wow, that's some serious determination! Congrats!

I had to recon twice for my Barclays card and I felt awkward calling in a second time...I can't imagine five times! 

Photobucket
Message 17 of 24
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Congrats....and it'll just keep on getting better !!!!!

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 18 of 24
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Persitence seems to pay off in some cases!

I had to be persistant when I reconned my Barclay's Card and it worked out.  Mine was only one phone call but I had to talk to 2 people and when I demanded to talk with a manager about it they put me on hold and finally approved me.  The worst part of this was that it was for a product change that they told me I had to reapply for.  After doing so I called after getting the 7-10 day response and they told me not only were they not going to approve it, they were going to close my other account because of too many new accounts and inquiries. 

I will try next year for a Chase card and if I get declined I will recon the way you did!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 19 of 24
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Took me 4 attempts befor getting approved for my Freedom card. Never give in!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.