Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Reported Dormant Card Activity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Reported Dormant Card Activity

I know that Dormant Card activity is when you do not use your card for a long time, but in my case I haven't used this card for 3 months only. I received an alert from MyFico that Chase reported a " Dormant Card Activity" on my Ritz Carlton  Card ( This is the only card I have with Chase).

A little history- I made a big purchase few months ago- $6000 and I made three payments to pay in full. The last payment was in October 2014 ( $2000 + each month). 

I am letting to report $500 at the end of this month to see if it reports different activity. I thought that 6 months was the time frame to report " Dormant Activity" but not three months. I guess I need to start usuing this card every month and not to pay it full.

Guys, did you have any experience about Dormant Cards Activities?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Reported Dormant Card Activity

@Anonymous wrote:

I know that Dormant Card activity is when you do not use your card for a long time, but in my case I haven't used this card for 3 months only. I received an alert from MyFico that Chase reported a " Dormant Card Activity" on my Ritz Carlton  Card ( This is the only card I have with Chase).

A little history- I made a big purchase few months ago- $6000 and I made three payments to pay in full. The last payment was in October 2014 ( $2000 + each month). 

I am letting to report $500 at the end of this month to see if it reports different activity. I thought that 6 months was the time frame to report " Dormant Activity" but not three months. I guess I need to start usuing this card every month and not to pay it full.

Most lenders consider it dormant at 6 months but there are some like Chase & Barclays that consider it dormant at 90 days. You dont have to let any balance report, you could use it for a pack of gum and PIF before stmt cuts and it will update as being active.

Message 2 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Most lenders consider it dormant at 6 months but there are some like Chase & Barclays that consider it dormant at 90 days. You dont have to let any balance report, you could use it for a pack of gum and PIF before stmt cuts and it will update as being active.

+1. They will report that months usage, but still a 0 balance.

Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the info.

Message 4 of 7
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I've never heard of a "Dormant Card Activity"  report before - is that a negative that dings your score?

I didn't use my Target Red Card for a year and they never made a "Dormant Card Activity"  report, they just lowered the CL from $1k to $200. Now I use it every couple of months, usually online, but I PIF before statement as almost any purchase puts me over 10% untilization on the toy store CL.

Message 5 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

I've never heard of a "Dormant Card Activity"  report before - is that a negative that dings your score?

I didn't use my Target Red Card for a year and they never made a "Dormant Card Activity"  report, they just lowered the CL from $1k to $200. Now I use it every couple of months, usually online, but I PIF before statement as almost any purchase puts me over 10% untilization on the toy store CL.

Lately, yes, guess eq finding more reasons to micromanage risk (re profitability), since I think this is new to eq reporting.

Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Only EQ reported the alert. I did not get hit with any of my score.... all my scores are above 760's.

This is the first time it happened to me. We learn something new everyday.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.