Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Rewards CC

tag
Bones
New Contributor

Chase Rewards CC

Had a great today when one of my family members agreed to add me as an AU on his Chase card.  He has had it for nearly a decade..  We went through the online access way to do it  this afternoon about an hour ago.  Of coarse, I did not have to enter my SSN and immediately thought the worse.  I read just a bit ago that if my physical address matches the primary holders address it will report ok to the 3 bureaus.  I live 60 miles from them and have a different address, city, etc..  What can I do to make this work?  How could I get Chase to see the primary holders address and how will they check my address to report?  I hope someone can give me some advice before it's to late!! 

Also Chase says they do NOT report AU's.  However the family member that added me, added his wife years ago and she shows as an AU and it is reported.  Then agian, they have the same address. 

I really need this to work!!

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Rewards CC

Does his address show as a former address for you? In other words, is he your father, or someone that you once lived with, so that his current address is listed in your previous addresses?

Do you have the same last name?

It's up to the lenders whether they report or not, and then it seems that the credit bureaus are deciding on their own whether to report AU's who don't have obvious ties to one another in their reports.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 10
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@Bones wrote:

Had a great today when one of my family members agreed to add me as an AU on his Chase card.  He has had it for nearly a decade..  We went through the online access way to do it  this afternoon about an hour ago.  Of coarse, I did not have to enter my SSN and immediately thought the worse.  I read just a bit ago that if my physical address matches the primary holders address it will report ok to the 3 bureaus.  I live 60 miles from them and have a different address, city, etc..  What can I do to make this work?  How could I get Chase to see the primary holders address and how will they check my address to report?  I hope someone can give me some advice before it's to late!! 

Also Chase says they do NOT report AU's.  However the family member that added me, added his wife years ago and she shows as an AU and it is reported.  Then agian, they have the same address. 

I really need this to work!!

Thanks.

I can confirm that chase does report an AU. I added my SO as an AU on my CSP. When I asked the CSR if it would report she said as long as the physical address matched it would, however they don't take SSN's so otherwise they do the best they can. The gist was there needs to be something besides your soc. # to connect you.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
Bones
New Contributor

No, we have never shared the same address. Well, I lived with him for years when I was younger but never applied for credit! 

Yes, he is my grandfather, but our credit reports have no info that would tie one to the other. 

Yep, we have the same last name and I was just thinking if I could call the bank of which I have a very new installment loan with and have them update my mailing address to his address and hopefully report that to the CRA.  I see him several times a week so I could get my mail at his place on the bank note..  The bank only sends receipts for payments anyways.

Do you think that would work?  My bank statement is on the 10th and report on the 12th usually.  His CC statement is on the 9th and not sure when it reports, probably few days later.  If the address change worked and I missed it this month since his will report before mine would the CRA catch it next month and is show me as AU? 

Is there a way to add his address as a previous address by calling the 3 CRA's since I have lived with him?  IS a creditor update the only way to update addresses on file?

Thanks...

Message 4 of 10
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Chase reports AUs as I've been an AU on the Chase Amazon for a while now and could barely take myself off (a whole different story)!

I would wait to see if it comes on your CRs or not.  Do you have a deadline you want it to report by?  I mean, what do you mean "before it's too late"?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 10
Bones
New Contributor

By "to late" I mean that  I didn't think ahead on the address matching and that if they report this month I don't have a matched address.  Will the CRA's check each month for a matching address or once Chase goes to report that first time and no address match is found is it set to not report me as an AU permantly?

Message 6 of 10
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

I can confirm that Chase does report AUs.  I am an AU on one of my spouses Chase cards and it now shows up on my report.  That card is registered to a business address and we keep our cards separate.  So, it took a bit of time to figure out how they made the connection.  Apparently it stems from me adding the business address as an acceptable address for shipping online purchases to with Citi.  I was an AU on the card for more two years before it appeared on my report but within 1-2 months after adding the address it appeared on my report.  If possible (and acceptable to the Chase Rewards card holder) you may want to see if any of your cards allow you to add an additional address to your account.

Message 7 of 10
Bones
New Contributor

OK, I do have a secured Cap1 CC.  I just checked online under my account and it has an option to edit my address.  It has 3 seperate options....

1.  Card Mailing Address

2.  Correspondence Mailing

3.  Statement Mailings

As of now they all have my PO Box address.  Should I just change all 3 to my grandads address? I have paperless billing.  Would Capital One update that to my CR, of coarse my statement with that CC is the 17th which is after my grandads Chase card by two weeks.  But maybe the next month would be fine?

Message 8 of 10
Bones
New Contributor

How does that work if I have one creditor with one address and another with another address?  Does one show a previous address and how do I make sure my grandads it there?  Sorry for the amount of questions!  I have no FICO score, so this is very important for me to get going.

Message 9 of 10
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

You could just try the statement mailing address since you have paperless billing.  They may still pass the info on.  BTW, when I added the shipping address, a letter was sent both to my address as well as the business address confirming.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a real timeframe for getting this done unless you are in a hurry.  Like I said, after two years a change caused the update.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.