tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Ritz Carlton

@dilettante wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

@@dilettante

Do you think $395 is worth 70K points?

I apologize for not understanding what exactly you're asking my opinion of.  Are you asking:

A) whether the 70k points can be valued at $395

or

B) if the Ritz card is "worth" it even with the standard 70K sign up?

If your intent is the first, then yes, you could easily use 70k for a night at the Ritz or 2 nights at a decent Marriott location that could cost out of pocket anywhere from $400-$1000.

If you're referring to the general value of the card, then it all depends: if you're a frequent flyer who stays at Marriott's/Ritz, definitely, yes. For my situation, this card has great value because I can use most of the benefits fully, especially with the increase of airline credit to $300, 10% bonus on points accrued at end of year, etc.  I would've signed up for this card even without a bonus.  In fact, last year I tried to PC my Marriott Premier to this card when they added the chip to the Ritz but they wouldn't let me so I had to apply. But they did give me the sign up bonus for the Ritz as wellSmiley Happy

Thanks for the wonderful explanation. Your posts really contains a good info. 

You got me right, I had an option to either waive the $395 Fee or get 70K bonus points. So just wanted to see, your review, as in you feel that paying $395 for 70K is worth or not. 

Message 21 of 22
newUser0
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Ritz Carlton

@rlx01 wrote:
There's an AF waiver offer on FT.

@Anonymous points really aren't worth it. This card is basically for the perks and gold status @ 10K spend.

So your opinion is that 70K cannot be valued at atleast $395?

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.