Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ritz Carlton

tag
sup3rpat
Valued Member

Chase Ritz Carlton

With the newly added perks of $300 travel credit and complimentary lounge access to over 350 airports in over 200 cities, on top of the perks it already had, what are your oppinions of this cards value? I travel about 3-4 times a year, domestic and international and it sounds like a pretty good deal to me, especially if they waive the annual fee under the SCRA...

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/ritz-carlton-card.aspx?CELL=63WS&slatesplit=2&

Starting Score: EX FAKO 566 EQ 552 TU 568 (07/2010)
Current Score: EX 826 EQ 826 TU 826 (10/2020)
Goal Score: 800 Club 2020!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Ritz Carlton

I think it's a great card just wish I could afford to stay at those hotels when I travel

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 2 of 22
newUser0
Established Contributor

1. You might use the $300 credit for all Airline Lounge access, food, drinks etc. If you are able to max this out, then AF would be $95

2. No FTF for your purchases abroad. But their points are really not as valuable as CSP. So, it's upto you to decide to use this card or CSP abroad.

3. Do you stay in Marriot abroad? Then enjoy gold status.

4. Has some good purchase protections, PRIMARY Car rental insurance. and card is made from metal. Pure metal. 

I have seen astonishing excitiment, when I hand this card to cashiers, they are like oh man.. This is so heavy ooH!!

Message 3 of 22
newUser0
Established Contributor

@creditguy-378 wrote:

I think it's a great card just wish I could afford to stay at those hotels when I travel

If you get this card, it will give you a FREE night of stay to try. 

But have to pay AFSmiley Sad

Message 4 of 22
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Is this card heavier than the Marriott??

dang... With the $300 credit, it almost makes it worth it!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 22
newUser0
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Is this card heavier than the Marriott??

dang... With the $300 credit, it almost makes it worth it!

I don't have Marriott card.  But I guess, this and Palladium may weigh equally, I think around 27gm

Message 6 of 22
abubika1
New Contributor

It's close to double the weight of a Marriott card. The perks are decent if you can take advantage of them and stomach the AF. But be prepared for the comments when you go to pay.
Chase Ritz Carlton 10.5k | Discover IT 14k | Barclays Arrival + 6k | Amex Everyday Preferred 24.8k | Citi Double Cash 10.6k | Cap1 Venture 10k
Message 7 of 22
eagle2013
Established Contributor

Is it complementary lounge access for you and a guest as well, or is it one of those $27 a visit things?

Message 8 of 22
abubika1
New Contributor

Unlimited membership for cardholder and one guest
Chase Ritz Carlton 10.5k | Discover IT 14k | Barclays Arrival + 6k | Amex Everyday Preferred 24.8k | Citi Double Cash 10.6k | Cap1 Venture 10k
Message 9 of 22
dilettante
Established Contributor

@abubika1 wrote:
Unlimited membership for cardholder and one guest

it's actually unlimited guests as well. I have taken 4 people in with me to Alaska Air's Boardroom. AU's get their own Lounge Club cards, too.

And the card weighs the same as the Palladium - 27g.

It's one of my favorite cards with all the perks that I find useful for me. 

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.