Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ritz & Concierge = A+

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Ritz & Concierge = A+

@Open123 wrote:

Have got to try this next time, since the Cheesecake Factory here is always packed and have always refused to take a phone reservation.

Let me know how this one goes! I'd definitely do this the next time I go to the Cheesecake Factory.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 11 of 31
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I need to do this lol, so by the time you got there the 40 mins had already passed?

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just remember the cheesecake factory won't seat you until your whole party is there they really pissed me off last year by implicating this policy when 8 out of 12 people were present 

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice...

Message 14 of 31
Jansroom726
Regular Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

I need to do this lol, so by the time you got there the 40 mins had already passed?

In reality it was about 30 min. But yes, we got there and they immediately sat us. (Despite there being a massive amount of people waiting).

It was very clear that concierge had stressed they take the "reservation" because the host alerted the server and said something along the lines of "This is that group..."

Next time give it a try! I know I'll be using the service more. Smiley Happy

25 years old. Scores around 740. Income = 45K. Chase Car Loan @ 2.4%, AAOA = 2 years. Total Personal CL = 120k.
Message 15 of 31
Luscher
Valued Contributor

They where probably like whoa who the heck is this guy/girl?
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luscher wrote:

To build on what Luscher said...  Was the mention of  "this is that group"  portrayed negatively or positively?  I would use the concierge service nonetheless Smiley Tongue    Just curious.

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luscher wrote:

To build on what Luscher said...  Was the mention of  "this is that group"  portrayed negatively or positively?  I would use the concierge service nonetheless Smiley Tongue    Just curious.

It doesnt really matter.  Imagine Scarlett Johansson, probably the hottest actress alive, walks into a restaurant.  I'm sure most people would be estatic and say "wow, it's her!", but there will always be that girl who drank the haterade who's like " eww, it's her".  What it boils down to is "fake it 'til you make it", and VS concierge will help you with that.

Message 18 of 31
Jansroom726
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luscher wrote:

It was in a positive contex, not negative at all.

Smiley Happy

25 years old. Scores around 740. Income = 45K. Chase Car Loan @ 2.4%, AAOA = 2 years. Total Personal CL = 120k.
Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luscher wrote:

It doesnt really matter.  Imagine Scarlett Johansson, probably the hottest actress alive, walks into a restaurant.  I'm sure most people would be estatic and say "wow, it's her!", but there will always be that girl who drank the haterade who's like " eww, it's her".  What it boils down to is "fake it 'til you make it", and VS concierge will help you with that.

Haha.  Highlighted in red - I agree.   

I guess a more appropriate question would have been:  I wonder what the concierge said to get a reservation at a restaurant that specifically prohibits the previously stated reservation method?  Rhetorical, I guess, but it makes one wonder.  I'd also like to see if they could accomplish that at the Cheesecake here in Hawaii which seems to have hour long wait times during lunch and dinner, and seems to be a bit stricter than the mainland locations I've been to.

Sorry.  Growing up, I was "that" kid who kept asking: "Why?  Why?  Why?"

Still a great service, and thanks for sharing Jansroom726!   More reason for me to app next year.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.