Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ritz bonus 2 nights questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Ritz bonus 2 nights questions

If I end up applying for this card I am thinking of using the bonus 2 free nights at the Dalmahoy Marriott in Edinburgh, Scotland.

It says in the terms that the bonus can be used at a category 1-4 Ritz. But the Dalmahoy is a category 7 Marriott. I am guessing I could still use them here as they are on different category systems? And it doesn't look as nice as some of the Ritz hotels I have looked up.

I will be travelling with my fiance and her Mother. Could I use the secondary night to book a second room for her Mother to stay in?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Ritz bonus 2 nights questions

@Anonymous wrote:

If I end up applying for this card I am thinking of using the bonus 2 free nights at the Dalmahoy Marriott in Edinburgh, Scotland.

It says in the terms that the bonus can be used at a category 1-4 Ritz. But the Dalmahoy is a category 7 Marriott. I am guessing I could still use them here as they are on different category systems? And it doesn't look as nice as some of the Ritz hotels I have looked up.

I will be travelling with my fiance and her Mother. Could I use the secondary night to book a second room for her Mother to stay in?

Ritz Hotels (and editions) use a Tier System. 

There is Tier 1-5. This is different from the category 1-9 marriott rating system. The certificates CANNOT be used at marriott hotels. 

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ritz Hotels (and editions) use a Tier System. 

There is Tier 1-5. This is different from the category 1-9 marriott rating system. The certificates CANNOT be used at marriott hotels. 

@Anonymous said @Jsucool..

Message 3 of 15
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Why would you guess that you could use Ritz certificates at a Marriott 7 hotel? 

Message 4 of 15
jsucool76
Super Contributor

OP just didn't know the difference. it happens. XD lol

Message 5 of 15
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Ritz is essentially managed by Marriott anyway, but you can't do that. SM chase and ask if your offer can be changed to the 140k offer.
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I thought I read it on here somewhere, but I don't know?

But I know both Ritz and Marriott have a business relationship so I honestly thought you could cash them in at either.

My bad. 

EDIT: The Citi Prestige is suddenly looking very appealing.

Message 7 of 15
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

But I know both Ritz and Marriott have a business relationship so I honestly thought you could cash them in at either.

My bad. 

The two free nights can be super valuable, but you just gotta find a ritz where you want to go, or take another vacation to stay at one Smiley Tongue 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My bad. 

The two free nights can be super valuable, but you just gotta find a ritz where you want to go, or take another vacation to stay at one Smiley Tongue 

Yeah, I am taking a trip to England, Scotland and Ireland next year and ther are no locations near any of the cities I am visiting so that is kind of upsetting. 

Funny you said that though, because I was actually looking at their Lake Tahoe location in CA thinking, "maybe I could use it as an excuse for another vacation" Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My bad. 

Yeah, I am taking a trip to England, Scotland and Ireland next year and ther are no locations near any of the cities I am visiting so that is kind of upsetting. 

Funny you said that though, because I was actually looking at their Lake Tahoe location in CA thinking, "maybe I could use it as an excuse for another vacation" Smiley Happy

That's what I'm going to do. I got it hoping for the 140k thinking I'd use it at Marriott after Marriott. Now I've warmed up to the idea of a couple nights at Half Moon Bay. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.