Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase SP Inquiries on my CR?

tag
nitrov
Established Contributor

Chase SP Inquiries on my CR?

I just pulled my EX CR to do a dispute and noticed I have a recent SP from Chase. I have 2 CCs with them and nothing eventful has occurred lately, so I was curious why I would have a SP from them? I would love a CLI on my Freedom card, but I know CLIs with them 99% of the time require a HP. Anyone have insight on why they'd do the SP of there's anything I can do to use it to my advantage?

Thanks!

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase SP Inquiries on my CR?

almost all your creditors SP you every so often. just because they do that doesn't mean they're looking for a CLI opportunity. they monitor how you're treating other debts and making sure you don't appear to be going into a financial mess. they're keeping themselves protected
Message 2 of 4
baller4life
Super Contributor

All of the big banks sp our reports to keep an eye on us. These sps are used for clis,apr reductions and unfortunately sometimes AA like cld or account closure. They are quite common.
Message 3 of 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yep was SP'ed last month twice from Chase prior to that several months and nothing much has changed.. Just keeping an eye on you is all. Making sure you aren't running up your balances with other lenders or getting new baddies on report, etc.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.