Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase SP recon success

tag
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Chase SP recon success

Those of you who have followed my threads recently, will know that I have a large amount of inqs on my EQ (90+ in last two years) and several new account the last few months. You will also know I apped for my last card CSP and got declined for 'too many inqs'. Reconed with the exec office and success! got approved for $8000 only, which is ok for now, I jwill just request a cli later on.  My average CL are around $15000 highest $30000 so $8000 is one of my lowest but fair do's.

Anyway, the lesson I wanted to share and inform others is that there is so much misinfomred info about inqs on this board in how it can really impede your ability to obtain credit. Yes it certain situations it can, however, in my case I was merely shopping around for the best terms and did not increase real debt.  SO I am hoping for those who have been declined for the simple reason of inqs then fight for it, since you have already taken the hit. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase SP recon success with my 90+ inq!

Very impressive! Congrats on the recon success!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 14
toppers555
Established Contributor

Something tells me your income is not normal so in regards to inq info being misleading you would be incorrect. Also 90 inq on one cr from shopping around is insanely excessive.But congrats on the recon.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 3 of 14
melbaro
New Contributor

Quite strange considering EQ can apparently only hold 85 inq's.

Message 4 of 14
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 14
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@toppers555 wrote:

Something tells me your income is not normal so in regards to inq info being misleading you would be incorrect. Also 90 inq on one cr from shopping around is insanely excessive.But congrats on the recon.

LOL. That made me laugh so hard.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 6 of 14
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

@melbaro wrote:

Quite strange considering EQ can apparently only hold 85 inq's.

Really? they using 1.4mb floppy disk or what? ... Actually it wouldn't even make sense to hold so little, they can hold as many inqs as one makes.   Trust me I wouldn't be boosting my high inq rate for the  fun it, after all its nothing to be proud of, its caused me a lot of agro over the months but has rarely caused me an ultimate refusal once I have given my explanation. 

Anyway, the point being made is to not let inqs get the better of you; and that regardless on how many inqs you have, you can move forward for an acceptance with a good explanation. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Income is around 160K

Message 8 of 14
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

congrats

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 9 of 14
YahComb
Established Contributor

equifax deletes the oldest inquiry once you reach 85 combined hard and soft(many softs dont count towards this though, like account reviews and other checks by current or potential lenders). So not really sure how you have 90 inquiries on that single report.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.