Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase SUCKS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase SUCKS

NEVER did a cash advance in my life, don't even know how to do it. I think i'm about to call and I'll let you know what they say. give me a while will be back
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay just got off with the rep, luckly her english as quite good. Smiley Happy  Well the ap is 23.24% she said she could run my credit and try to lower it, i declined. I'd rather wait untill I have little to no debt before getting my credit ran. I still have about 2k in CC debt, and about 16K left to pay on my car. oops getting off track....Well the 47.41% is the apr on the transfer fees and cash adavances as someone stated earlier in the thread. I completely forgot but beginning of this year I did a balance transfer of  $200 to this account. The 47.41 is the TOTAL for the YEAR. *sigh* guess I was a little to worried over nothing. Well this is all cleared up. I do  want to THANK Smiley Happy  everyone for their very timely responses was real fast love this place. Thanks again everyone
Message 12 of 24
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay just got off with the rep, luckly her english as quite good..

I called Chase three times today and all three times the CSR was an American.

Message 13 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Yes, that effective APR will sure make you jump. Once you become a PIF'er, you'll see something like this instead:

FINANCE
APR CHARGES
Effective Annual Percentage Rate (APR): 0.00%
Finance Charge Transaction
Daily Periodic Rate Corresp. Average Daily Due To Fee / Accumulated
Category 30 days in cycle Balance Periodic Rate Service Charge Fin Charge
Purchases V.05271% 19.24% $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
Cash advances V.06915% 25.24% $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
Total finance charges $0.00

(The formatting is a mess, but this is from my Chase statement, showing a purchase APR of 19.24% and an effective APR of 0.00%.)

Someone once posted a screenshot of a statement where their effective APR was something crazy like 120%. They were actually asking about something else, but I saw that figure and my heart nearly stopped. That's when I found out about effective APR --whew! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah I use to be pifer until i got with my current gf lol now I'm trying to get back to my old ways no fees what so ever.
Message 15 of 24
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

The effective APR reflects just how profitable fees are for the issuer.

Financing a scoial life on carried CC balances is a bad plan,

Message 16 of 24
voidman
Established Contributor

I was curious on my chase APR, checked online and it is 10.24%.....  Hope it stays like that for a long long time.
-void
Message 17 of 24
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
yeah I use to be pifer until i got with my current gf lol now I'm trying to get back to my old ways no fees what so ever.

Get your current GF on board with you. Get her to join the forum.  

Message 18 of 24
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Was their English acceptable? LOL.

Message 19 of 24
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Was their English acceptable? LOL.

Barely. I hung up on two of them. The first CSR thought I was nuts, the second CSR sounded just like the first one.

BTW - All of them answered my question incorrectly. I got the right answer later on at a branch! (This was not a CC question. It was a bank account question.) Pretty shameful performance.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.